MSI Optix MAG272QR 27" gaming monitor release date?

Associate
Anyone know when MSI's new 27" 1440p monitor will be available? seen on amazon funnily enough today but says 1-3 months postage lol. looking an upgrade to a 27" after many many years using 3 24" monitors. will eventually get 3 27" but only the one at 1440p.

was hoping overclockers would have them at least for preorder atm but cant see them. only that they have sold out of the older version.

Associate
OP
Anyone any update? Keep seeing it pop up in other places but no date or solid price. MSI suck at this sort of stuff, though tbh so does Asus.

Associate
OP
The only place I've seen this pop up so far is the giant retailer of doom, promising to deliver between early jan and mid feb. They have it listed at £279.
ye thats all iv seen, MSI have the monitor on their site but as always very little actual release info. Price has to be wrong as that super cheap for a 1440p 165hz monitor. thats why i was hoping someone here would know.

Associate
I've ordered one at that price so ... guess we'll see!
It does seem cheap, especially compared to the only alternative (high refresh rate, flat, VA, HDR etc) which AFAICT is the AOC AG273QX, which is listed in a couple of places at around the £430 mark. That said, the AOC seems to have much better peak brightness and conforms to HDR 400 or whatever, so I would expect it to be a bit pricier.

But the AOC isn't available either, and the only place I've found that you can pre-order that reckons it has a 43 day lead time.

Stuck waiting...

Associate
OP
i was thinking about jumpin on the MSI one as well, its a nice upgrade from my old 24" monitors. AOC have very few reviews on them, dont think they like giving out samples. id review the MSI one as its new as well so id accomplish 2 things with one purchase. i get next to nothing when i ask for review stuff, games i get a few but hardware i get naff all unless i buy it for myself.

i'll keep an eye out for any more MSI info though as the new monitor looks real nice as well, wish they would stop with the RGB on the back though, such a waste of money unless its bright enough to be a proper ambient light like a full on led strp set.

Associate
wish they would stop with the RGB on the back though, such a waste of money unless its bright enough to be a proper ambient light like a full on led strp set.

Then may I recommend the MSI Optix MAG272QP ?
There seems to be even less info about this one and no vendors at all, but from the MSI site it looks like the difference between the QP and the QR is the RGB LEDs on the back.

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MAG272QP

(Edit, found a vendor based in Brussels who reckon they can have that delivered in 3 days for 357 Euros + VAT. Personally I think I want to stick with UK vendors)

Associate
These may have the same issue the other msi monitors have which is you can not update the firmware without sending it to them.Just a heads up if these kind of things would annoy you.

Eh, if it works...
My BenQ EW3270U is the same and had to be replaced as the firmware couldn't be updated by users (early firmwares screwed up HDR mode and turned everything blue).

I guess a lot of the monitor industry is a bit behind the curve there.

Associate
These may have the same issue the other msi monitors have which is you can not update the firmware without sending it to them.Just a heads up if these kind of things would annoy you.

This.

The issues i had with the MAG271CQR have put me off MSI monitors for life.

• Colour Banding
  • Crap Calibration that couldn't be rectified with calibration devices
  • Poor Customer service and handling of FW Updates

Associate
I suspect ill be after this monitor on release, depends on final price. My p2414h has been great for Photography work but suspect anything will be a good upgrade for gaming. Any news yet on release date? very little information about this monitor still

Associate
There is a vendor offering pre-sales at around £280, with the current delivery estimate at Feb 10th. OCUK anticipate end of Jan, so fingers crossed it's only a few weeks away.

Because then my girlfriend will have her gaming monitor and I can have my second monitor back!

Associate
There is a vendor offering pre-sales at around £280, with the current delivery estimate at Feb 10th. OCUK anticipate end of Jan, so fingers crossed it's only a few weeks away.

Because then my girlfriend will have her gaming monitor and I can have my second monitor back!
Hope your right, seems maybe too good to be true for the price? didnt want to pay above £300 so can see this being my next one

Back
Top Bottom