• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI R6970 Lightening. how to enable 3 screens???

Associate
Help

Just bought a new MSI R6970 Lightening from OCUK and plugged it in... Two Asus Screens and one Acer screen.

Tried connecting two with DVI and one with Displayport to DVI it can see the 3 screens but can't activate them all at the same time and i can't enable eyefinity.

New to amd so any help much appreciated.

M

Caporegime
Remember the all important "active" part.

If you find any costing a few pounds they aren't going to be active.

AMD have a list of approved adapters here.

Associate
Have a search for Sapphire 44000-02-40R a certain rainforest has them at a decent price. Can be used only if you got a mini-displayport to full-displayport adaptor with the graphics card.

Associate
You can only connect 1 to DVI iirc. The other 2 need to be on hdmi and/or displayport with the appropriate adaptors.

Hi - just for clarification for an Eyefinity setup you need two screens connected to the two DVI comectors and one either on the mini-DP or HDMI, not both. I have been down that road research-wise.

cj

Caporegime
Hi - just for clarification for an Eyefinity setup you need two screens connected to the two DVI comectors and one either on the mini-DP or HDMI, not both. I have been down that road research-wise.

cj

You can't run Eyefinity using the two DVI connectors and HDMI.

Associate
My bad - I misread using two DVI outputs plus a miniDP to HDMI adapter (thanks for the correction).

cj

Back
Top Bottom