• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI R9 290 / 290x gaming edition - powertune throttling the core clock discussion...

Thought so. It updates and sets automatically when you change AB and restart RP.

Sooo, after sorting my settings :) :

0xsa.jpg

Still the same I'm afraid. As I mentioned before it isn't affecting my gaming performance so it's not drastic an issue, more an annoyance to my OCD :)

I WILL at some point get round to trying older drivers but hopefully it'll get sorted in the new drivers.

Furry muff. Well i just tried it on a single card and it worked ok. No throttling at all, where as before sometimes it would a little. This was recorded after 5-10 mins of BF4.

x2XX3xI.jpg

GByks3x.jpg

One thing i did notice, your RadepPro says 32 bit, why is that? Mine says 32/64bit. You should try other titles as well aside from BF4. Are you using Windows 7 32 bit? Did you add the correct BF4 shortcut to radeonpro for your os?

Last edited:
It does make a difference, just not a good one... :)

When it's set to 32/64 bit BF4 won't load. From the battlelog it initialises bf4.exe then throws up a 'bf4.exe has stopped responding and has to be shut down' or something similar and then there's a message in the system tray from RP saying that 'overdrive settings have been restored'

Thought it may be a conflict with AB but still does it without AB running. More playing around required :)

I think in just 32bit mode RP wasn't applying the settings at all, hence no effect. At least I'm going the right direction.

It does make a difference, just not a good one... :)

When it's set to 32/64 bit BF4 won't load. From the battlelog it initialises bf4.exe then throws up a 'bf4.exe has stopped responding and has to be shut down' or something similar and then there's a message in the system tray from RP saying that 'overdrive settings have been restored'

Thought it may be a conflict with AB but still does it without AB running. More playing around required :)

I think in just 32bit mode RP wasn't applying the settings at all, hence no effect. At least I'm going the right direction.

RadeonPro API is conflicting with RivaTuner 64 Bit API. Shut afterburner down until BF4 is loaded, then start afterburner and it will work.

Relax, you're in good hands. I can spot PEBKAC a mile off. :D

RadeonPro API is conflicting with RivaTuner 64 Bit API. Shut afterburner down until BF4 is loaded, then start afterburner and it will work.

Relax, you're in good hands. I can spot PEBKAC a mile off. :D

It wasn't enough to just shutdown AB, I had to restart RP in order to get the game to load. Your fix does work Matt :) locked solid at 1100 throughout. :D

One question though, RP seems to display the framerate in the top left corner regardless of the fact that I don't have OSD set in either the Global or Profile settings. Bit annoying as it sits over the rivatuner one. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ignore this, found a framerate counter in the RP settings.

Just tried the RadeonPro app. It worked for me, core doesn't budge in BF4 anymore. Thanks again Matt. :)

Just hope the next driver fixes it so I don't have to run RadeonPro for it.

Back
Top Bottom