• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI RMA Royal mail & Polish postal system disaster

Man of Honour
With respect, I've seen people post the same sort of thing about literally every manufacturer out there. If it was all in any way representative, all computer components would be complete junk that fails after ten minutes. There'd be no escaping it. Personally, I just ignore all the noise now and judge products based on their merits, rather than the brand on the box. All of them produce both good and bad products, so you have to do your research. Hasn't steered me wrong yet, and my last three motherboards have all been MSI (including the X570 Ace I'm using right now). Been great too.

I would agree if they wern't such a scummy outfit with a history of lies, shady marketing and poor customer service. For me I like buying from companies where I feel they actually have some ethics, at the end of the day if I am spending money id rather it went to a company that actually cares about the industry.

Some recent MSI adventures we are talking the last 12 months or so, these are just ones I quickly found but these go back years, when shady stuff is happening its almost always MSI:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...gt-series-laptops-with-mxm-graphics.18746748/

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/msi-subsidiary-gets-caught-selling-rtx-3080-gpus-on-ebay#:~:text=MSI has admitted that one,under the name Starlit Partner.

You don't actually need to care about any of these things and by all accounts they do actually make some decent products, just every one I have ever owned has been pretty poor, couple that with the above and id rather buy elsewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
How is it a joke? Even assuming RM would compensate you at today's inflated prices you only insured the card for £120.

I could not insure more than what i paid originally for the product ...when i did claim they ask for the original invoice ... it states this in there terms and conditions .. regardless to the current 2nd hand value..so me paying more for insurance would have been a complete waste

Caporegime
I could not insure more than what i paid originally for the product ...when i did claim they ask for the original invoice ... it states this in there terms and conditions .. regardless to the current 2nd hand value..so me paying more for insurance would have been a complete waste

Then you accepted their terms and agreed the maximum compensation when you sent the card. Hardly a joke because they compensated you what you agreed.

Associate
OP
Then you accepted their terms and agreed the maximum compensation when you sent the card. Hardly a joke because they compensated you what you agreed.

i had no choice really in that ..but its still a joke meaning with the current prices and what i could have got if the card had been returned..maybe i worded it incorrectly..but i stand by it

Caporegime
I feel sorry for MSI paying £1200 of customers fees on the return trip tho!

Don't. They've been scalping their own 3080/3090 cards for a while now inc using a subsidiary on eBay about 6 months back. Some depts I'm sure are ok but it's obvious some parts are pretty scummy too.

Real glad you got your card back and all is fine :)

Soldato
Don't. They've been scalping their own 3080/3090 cards for a while now inc using a subsidiary on eBay about 6 months back. Some depts I'm sure are ok but it's obvious some parts are pretty scummy too.

Real glad you got your card back and all is fine :)

Oh don't you worry I'm ROG from here on out. My top of the line b550 MSI board failed and this ROG one that just arrived is amazing. I'm done with MSI

Back
Top Bottom