• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI scalping their own 3080s on ebay, links included [REDDIT]

Soldato
If you read the apology its not MSI its a separate company working as a partner. They will have had to sign contracts etc to qualify as such and by an error with the MSI product list for refurbishments the Starlit company had access to MSI items they shouldnt have.

They will not have the same ethos as MSI or the same company values but will have to comply to certain conditions. It makes MSI look bad because the company in question represents then. Plenty of companies do this, ACER for one uses a company in Tamworth and one in Manchester to deal with refurbished/faulty stock. They are nothing to do with ACER but are a 3rd party. Its almost like sub contracting but not quite.

So you can rubbish MSI all you like but to be fair you are just making yourself look stupid without understanding how it works between companies. MSI have made an error, they have owned up and if you look the Ebay auctions now say "there was an error in the listing product withdrawn" and all the people who have paid are getting there money back. Its not some glorious scam its just a simple mistake which has been apologised for.
Yep - totally this.
Mistakes happen when 3rd party contractors are involved - MSI owned up, refunded the difference, story over.

Associate
MSI have basically admitted it - greedy pigs
Onlynow are they offereing a fuyll refund OR refunding the difference that the scalpers have made
These greedy pigs sicken me.
I dont doubt other brands are doing it sadly, there is always a greedy pig working in a loading bay or who is mates with the right guy.
Its actually refreshing to see MSI addressing it and id like to see the others caught doing it with other brands and i hope this ruins the scalper financially

Caporegime
Yep - totally this.
Mistakes happen when 3rd party contractors are involved - MSI owned up, refunded the difference, story over.

If it had been anybody else but with the MSI shady history I am not prepared to give them a free pass on this one. Its just another bad thing they have done to add to the many bad practices they have.

Soldato
Yep - totally this.

Don't talk wet.

How many pre orders are there right now for MSI cards? 2000 in Denmark alone. How on earth are cards ending up just floating around willy nilly to 3rd party contractors when they are so sought after?

This company is owned by MSI and sells all of their refurb/return gear. It IS NOT 3rd party.

Man of Honour
How many pre orders are there right now for MSI cards? 2000 in Denmark alone. How on earth are cards ending up just floating around willy nilly to 3rd party contractors when they are so sought after?

It is certainly a curiosity how a subsidiary was getting them when retail wasn't. Gonna sit on the fence on this one though without more information.

Associate
Yep - totally this.

haha.... a subsidiary is not a separate company its generally majority owned by the parent and in case of such small entities 100% owned by the parent
launch fatigue setting in?

Associate
Yep - totally this.

And that's ok is it? lol, What do you think would have happened if they didn't get found out? Or what I should say how would you feel if you paid "Starlit Partners" £1400 for a £700 GPU and you only found out a year or 2 later? Yeah I bet you'd be ******

Soldato
After the whole leaning on reviewers thing gamersnexus brought up, my own experiences with MSI (recent one posted here <an hr ago, quote: "there is no warranty on components") and this... yeah. **** MSI to be honest.

That said, ASUS seem to be equally slopey shouldered from almost every report I've seen on them.

EVGA or bust seems to be the way forward atm. Perform as well/better than basically anyone (except maybe the top end galax hof stuff) and easily the best after sales in the business at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom