• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI Suprim X 3080ti no Signal/ Display for 2nd new card

Associate
Hello All,

Having a nightmare trying to get my card working!
Originally purchased my first one elsewhere and had the same issue. So returned it and they tested to confirm the same thing as me that it had no display from any output.

As they had sold out they gave me a refund and I purchased from OCUK only to find I am getting the exact same issue!:(

I have had a look around and can't seem to find anything on this this card with issues like this.
Have carried out the latest bios update for the motherboard, Checked the display using a tv and my monitor over DP and HDMI.

I was even extra careful this time taking maximum precautions when installing.

Don't get any motherboard bios boot screen or display. When plugging in the DP cable to the card the monitor recognises something as it scans for a signal but just goes back to no signal.

Here's a summary of what I have done
1. BIOS update for motherboard done.
2. Moved PC sideways to check for GPU Sag, seems to be fine even when standing up
3. DDU Performed (would at least get a boot screen from bios if working regardless of drivers)
4. RTX 2080ti previously used is working fine with same power cables, the 3080ti uses an extra 2 more pins from same cable that I leave unplugged when using old card. (PSU is 1000W and fairly new)
5. Different displays and cables used to confirm issue.
6. All lights and fans working on the card.
7. Windows boots fine in the background with the way my machine boots (sounds and RGB) shutdown also takes its normal time when I press the button.
8. CMOS reset with battery removed.

PC Specs
i9 10900k
Asus Z490-E
Corsair RM1000i PSU

Any help/ suggestions would be much welcome!

Associate
The only thing I can suggest, long shot, check if the GPU is secured on the PCI slot.
For some reason, the 6 O11's (yes, Dynamic, Air, XL, Air, XL and XL), only the last one wouldn't force the GPU out of the PCI slot.
Would boot, no issues, but under load, would go "black screen". Sometimes even when simply on web/idle.
What I had to do was pressing the car firmly until the lock clicks, from the PCI, and before securing the screws, I had to press the metal sheet where the screws go towards the case.

Associate
OP
The only thing I can suggest, long shot, check if the GPU is secured on the PCI slot.
For some reason, the 6 O11's (yes, Dynamic, Air, XL, Air, XL and XL), only the last one wouldn't force the GPU out of the PCI slot.
Would boot, no issues, but under load, would go "black screen". Sometimes even when simply on web/idle.
What I had to do was pressing the car firmly until the lock clicks, from the PCI, and before securing the screws, I had to press the metal sheet where the screws go towards the case.

Thanks, Have tried pressing as firm as I can when inserting, Seems to click in nicely and everything lines up.
Currently also have the machine on its side so gravity can do its part to help.

Forgot to mention the VGA light is also on for the motherboard

Soldato
Thanks, Have tried pressing as firm as I can when inserting, Seems to click in nicely and everything lines up.
Currently also have the machine on its side so gravity can do its part to help.

Forgot to mention the VGA light is also on for the motherboard

Are you booting in UEFI mode or CSM mode in the BIOS, some cards will only work in UEFI mode unless they have a legacy able bios . Have you tried flipping the Vbios switch on the card as a test too ? The card has two Vbios.

Maybe put your 2080ti back in and check what your windows install is set to UEFI or legacy (CSM) and can be checked in the BIOS too, if windows is set to Legacy then when set to UEFI windows will not post unless you convert it to UEFI.

Explains how to convert windows to UEFI from MBR (legacy and CSM ):-

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10

When you do this remember to go into the BIOS of the motherboard and set UEFI as the boot type and disable CSM or windows will not boot.

Last edited:
Soldato
4. RTX 2080ti previously used is working fine with same power cables, the 3080ti uses an extra 2 more pins from same cable that I leave unplugged when using old card. (PSU is 1000W and fairly new)

You are running three seperate power cables from the psu to the GPU right ? Don't use the the extra connectors that come off a single cable too.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all your replies!

Some good news! I have finally got it working.
I messed around with the CSM mode, it was set to off but I enabled with with UEFI support and booted up via the onboard graphics.
Back to the bios to switch it back to UEFI only and CSM disabled. Just in case it was glitched somewhere.

Also then put back in the GPU, This time I pushed the card up while screwing in.
I also felt the power click in much further on the card. (I think this might of been my mistake before and the reason for this mess lol)

Also good shout on the vbios switch, switched it over to gaming mode and gave it a boot an seems to be working on both modes!

Unfortunately I'm not sure what fixed it, and I'm sure i tried all this on my first card but hey presto its now working and I know its not the card at fault.

Also yes using individual power cables, no loops or splitters.

Once again, thanks for all your suggestions. I couldn't believe that this would happen again on the second card lol. Maybe even the first was not actually faulty.

I will update tomorrow once i have placed the system on its upright position, will be using that sag bracket that's for sure!

Soldato
Thanks for all your replies!

Some good news! I have finally got it working.
I messed around with the CSM mode, it was set to off but I enabled with with UEFI support and booted up via the onboard graphics.
Back to the bios to switch it back to UEFI only and CSM disabled. Just in case it was glitched somewhere.

Also then put back in the GPU, This time I pushed the card up while screwing in.
I also felt the power click in much further on the card. (I think this might of been my mistake before and the reason for this mess lol)

Also good shout on the vbios switch, switched it over to gaming mode and gave it a boot an seems to be working on both modes!

Unfortunately I'm not sure what fixed it, and I'm sure i tried all this on my first card but hey presto its now working and I know its not the card at fault.

Also yes using individual power cables, no loops or splitters.

Once again, thanks for all your suggestions. I couldn't believe that this would happen again on the second card lol. Maybe even the first was not actually faulty.

I will update tomorrow once i have placed the system on its upright position, will be using that sag bracket that's for sure!

Sounds good :), if you have any issues shout again, also remember to get REBAR (Resizeable Bar) working you need to have windows set as UEFI mode to make it work for the GPU. Have a read of the link about converting windows to UEFI and if your windows is UEFI all you will need to do is enable REBAR in the motherboard BIOS.

Read this link here that I helped another user with it and explains everything you need (just remember he was on a AMD system, so where I say install chipset drivers get the chipset drivers for your Intel system):-

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/should-i-be-concerned.18933917/

Associate
OP
Sounds good :), if you have any issues shout again, also remember to get REBAR (Resizeable Bar) working you need to have windows set as UEFI mode to make it work for the GPU. Have a read of the link about converting windows to UEFI and if your windows is UEFI all you will need to do is enable REBAR in the motherboard BIOS.

Read this link here that I helped another user with it and explains everything you need (just remember he was on a AMD system, so where I say install chipset drivers get the chipset drivers for your Intel system):-

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/should-i-be-concerned.18933917/

Thanks Purgatory, I have just gone into the BIOS and enabled this setting. Confirmed its working on the NVidia control panel system info tab:)

Have been using today and all is now working fine and no issues after tidying up the machine, Very glad I don't have to Return another card:)
Gonna have to take the blame for this one and put it down to user error I think;):cry:
Still puzzled by the place I originally bought from found the same fault upon testing and accepted RMA.

Soldato
Thanks Purgatory, I have just gone into the BIOS and enabled this setting. Confirmed its working on the NVidia control panel system info tab:)

Have been using today and all is now working fine and no issues after tidying up the machine, Very glad I don't have to Return another card:)
Gonna have to take the blame for this one and put it down to user error I think;):cry:
Still puzzled by the place I originally bought from found the same fault upon testing and accepted RMA.

Good stuff :) and you're welcome :), the card you sent back probably wasn't even tested or the people that tested it had the same issue as you as these 3000 series cards seem to trip up motherboards in a few different ways if not setup right or on the latest motherboard bios too. Enjoy the pc now it's all working :).

Associate
Hello,

I’ve been having exactly the same problem, I bought an MSI RTX 3080 TI suprim x, plugged it in and I got a “no signal” screen, I tried all the PCI slots, changed HDMIs and DPs cables, I never got a signal on the monitor, though Windows was booting up in the background and was able to connect through RDP. Thus I returned the card and a week later I got a new replacement, and plugged it in with the same result, as usual I searched all the forums and tried even switching to another monitor.

AND, FINALY I made it work, the issue for me was the overclock of the RAM and the CPU, I have an ASUS ROG corsair viii hero motherboard with a tweaking in the bios, just put your bios to default settings it should work.
You should be able to enter the bios by pressing the “safe mode button” on the motherboard and you’ll be able to set it to default settings.
Hope this helps!
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom