MSI Tomahawk Max - Really slow POST

Associate
My MSI X570 Gaming Edge is now able to boot in about half the time with the AAB update so hopefully the same is true on B450 boards.

Associate
Lol, I lied earlier, it actually takes nearly two minutes to fully boot. Also it takes about a minute to turn off. Now that's really frustrating. I tried enabling UEFI, but didn't seem to do anything, or I didn't notice.

I'm gonna wait a bit to see if anyone tried the new bios versions, then I'll try it myself.

Associate
Mine is actually pretty quick at booting sub 20 seconds, the issue i did have was with full screen logo enabled it would try to load and then go into sleep mode, disabled that and its sweet now.

Soldato
Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I never really noticed it until I happened to see a youtube video of someone with another board and their boot time was incredible. It appears its an issue with this series of boards?
Specs;
2600x
b450M Mortar Max @ 7B89v28 bios
32gb DDR4 2666mhz
PNY CS3030 NVME

OS; Manjaro Plasma

Splash screen disabled, all other boot devices disabled and running in UEFI Mode.

Soldato
Mine boots quite quickly. Tho it takes about 5s to get the initial post beep. I always love to have that little beeper installed.

overall probably around 20s into windows from switching on at the switch.

b450m mortar max and 1600AF

Back
Top Bottom