MSI Trio 3090 water cooler purchase list

Associate
EK definitely have a model specific to your GPU, looks like it's not reference. Which manufacturer were you looking at a block from? Generally if it's one of the major ones and they're claiming direct compatibility with your exact card then you should be good to go.

Associate
I have the ekwb block on my 3080 suprim x, be aware its 174mm from face of MB to plastic shroud on the inlet/outlet block. Won't fit on my 011D, might just fit an 011d XL witht he plastic shroud removed.

Associate
Damn that 3090 pulls more power than my whole overclocked system at 350watts. What a beast. However, you would be best on a 2x240mm slim rads front and top. While your space restricted you could, at a squeeze, pull it off :)

Associate
OP
Damn that 3090 pulls more power than my whole overclocked system at 350watts. What a beast. However, you would be best on a 2x240mm slim rads front and top. While your space restricted you could, at a squeeze, pull it off :)
I would have to remove my CPU water cooler and incorporate it in the system.

I guess it could be done.

Getting hold of a waterblock is fun at the minute though!

Associate
I have the same card. If you aren't opposed to a little case modding, you could go external like I have.

My loop is pretty dated with the soft tubing and barbs but it's worked for 10 years so I've never justified the expense of moving to hard-line just for aesthetics (I would need a new pump as well).

I'm hoping the waterblocks become available soon as I want the same one.

IMG-20210202-100221-01.jpg

9HgL55x

Associate
Cool, the more difficult way is what I've done, where you space the rad from the case so it's completey isolated. Neither drawing warm air from it nor heating it with the exhaust. You could just cut a huge hole and have the rad draw air from the case, which would be easier.

Soldato
I have the same card. If you aren't opposed to a little case modding, you could go external like I have.

My loop is pretty dated with the soft tubing and barbs but it's worked for 10 years so I've never justified the expense of moving to hard-line just for aesthetics (I would need a new pump as well).

I'm hoping the waterblocks become available soon as I want the same one.

IMG-20210202-100221-01.jpg

9HgL55x

That's some old school as loop, you've been doing custom loops for a long time :D

Associate
Ha ha, pretty much. I built my first loop in like '08 (and the original rad was an auto-trans cooler). Moved to the UK in '12, then when I was home a couple years ago I decided to bring all my gear and fittings out. I looked at hard-line but struggled to justify spending hundreds purely for aesthetics. I have a mate who's a gas plumber though, so may go copper hard-line.

Associate
Does anyone have any insight on when the alphacool block will be available? I contacted them but never got a response and the site has changed from "expected in 1-2 days" to just "overdue"

Associate
OP
Does anyone have any insight on when the alphacool block will be available? I contacted them but never got a response and the site has changed from "expected in 1-2 days" to just "overdue"

I am struggling as well. I nearly committed to purchasing but until I can get a date I am not interested.

If you're going external i would highly recommend going for a large radiator with Quick disconnects.

3jpoEWT.jpg

This is my plan! I quite fancy the look of the Alphacool Eiswand 360 CPU, Ill remove my Corsair unit and go for the Alphacool CPU + GPU + inbuilt reservoir solution I think

Associate
Nice one, thanks. I have another problem now though. Yesterday I went to Ryzen 5000 but my riser cable is only gen 3. So I have to directly connect the card to the Mobo pcie and set the slot to gen 3. If I reset the BIOS I lose the setting. I can physically get the card into the slot currently, but once watercooled and with hard-line, that won't be possible. Gen 4 cables are rare and expensive, so i'me trying to find cheap USB or NVME graphics just to allow BIOS config. Be aware of this if you use a vertical mount

Back
Top Bottom