MSI UK Offering Free Corsair H75 Cooler And Cashback With Z97 Gaming Boards

Associate
MSI UK will be offering potential buyers of its Gaming 5 and Gaming 7 Intel Z97-based motherboards cashback and free cooling gear when they go on sale.

The Gaming 7 will be bundled with a Corsair Hydro Series H75 cooler (see out review of it here) plus two corsair AF120 Red LED 120mm Fans, worth £80, with the fans matching the red detailing on the Gaming motherboard for some added pizazz.

The Gaming 5, which we expect will do battle with Asus' Maximus VII Ranger and Hero in the sub £150 price bracket, will come with the option of applying for 20 per cent cashback (likely to be in the region of £20-30), with MSI stating the final board price will be just under £100.

To take advantage of the Corsair offer with the Gaming 7, you'll need to purchase your board from OcUK, xxxx, xxxxx or xxx and the promotion will be available from the moment the boards land on etailer's shelves (we suggest paying close attention to your favourite etailer over the next 5 days or so, maybe...) The offer will be limited to 100 pieces only.

The Gaming 5 cashback promotion starts on the first working day after the official Z97 launch day (again we suggest paying close attention to bit-tech over the next few days) and will be processed through the following main MSI partners - OcUK, xxxx, xxxxx, xxx, xxxx,xxx, xxxxxxx and xxxx.

link

Last edited:

Art

Art

Associate
Any indications on the 7 pricing?

TechPowerUp says the 7 is in the $180 bracket, so maybe ~£140 once tax and other things are added? I'm assuming they got that info from MSI but they don't say. That puts it about level with their current high-end Z87 boards.

I'm kinda disappointed this doesn't include their ITX board, I've been keeping an eye on that for a new build and was planning to get an H75 to go with it.

Associate
Remember "whilst stocks last". My understanding is OCUK will have 25 bundles only? Assuming there is no favouritism i.e. handled on a first come first served basis they ain't going to last long and the offer has been up most of today. So make you mind up fast.

Soldato
Remember "whilst stocks last". My understanding is OCUK will have 25 bundles only? Assuming there is no favouritism i.e. handled on a first come first served basis they ain't going to last long and the offer has been up most of today. So make you mind up fast.

Ordered hope I made it with the offer, otherwise its going back! :D

Associate
Ordered mine earlier today, on the page it was a simple statement that it came with the cooler and fans and that's what made me go for that board so I'll be very disappointed if I don't qualify for the extras.

Associate
I`d be all over that if it had at least ONE pci slot for my audiophile 2496. They have a very similar board too but with pci but it`s not in the offer.
Tempted all the same tho grrr

Permabanned
Whats the difference between the Gaming 5 and the Gaming 7? Only thing I can really tell is that the 7 has more USB slots!

Really tasty that the Gaming 5, after cash back, comes in at £85. Is a cracking deal!

Associate
Whats the difference between the Gaming 5 and the Gaming 7? Only thing I can really tell is that the 7 has more USB slots!

Really tasty that the Gaming 5, after cash back, comes in at £85. Is a cracking deal!

You've asked the same question in two threads :rolleyes:

Anyway - http://uk.hardware.info/comparisontable/699703/geen_username/motherboards-comparison-table-13-05-2014-0031

Gaming 7 has:

• 2 x HDMI and a DisplayPort connector
  • 8 x SATA connectors vs 6 on the Gaming 5
  • 12 x CPU Power Phases vs 8 on the Gaming 5
  • Dual BIOS
  • On-board Power and Reset switches
  • On-board clear CMOS switch

Back
Top Bottom