• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Msi Ventus 3080ti or Asus 6900xt Tuf

Associate
Hi

I am confused whether I should get Rtx 3080ti or 6900xt, because both are similarly priced. Which one will be best for 4K Gaming?

Can you guys suggest which one should be best to get? As of current situation there is literally no price to performance ratio because of the insane price.

I found both the gpus at £1399.

Note: I upgrade gpus every 3 years

My current gpu is 2080 super

Last edited:
Soldato
If you want Ray Tracing and DLSS get the the 3080Ti.

If not, just flip a coin and pick whichever one gives you the best performance in the games you play most often.

Associate
OP
If you want Ray Tracing and DLSS get the the 3080Ti.

If not, just flip a coin and pick whichever one gives you the best performance in the games you play most often.
I mostly play Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, GTA, Horizon etc. Do not play multiplayer that much.

I am looking for the best 4k performance card

Soldato
Ventus are MSI's budget brand they aren't the fastest or the sexiest looking cards, basic but functional (I used to have a 2080ti). If you're looking for performance I'd look elsewhere.

Associate
If both GPUs are the same price, comparing will be very easy. The 6900xt is significantly fast than the 3080ti on average. The DLSS and Raytracing are something to consider, but raw performance alone it's a straight forward choice. However i'd take warranty length into consideration, this can vary somewhat by a few years, and at a time where GPUs are expensive i'd be going with the company that has a better/quicker return and replacement reputation.

[edit]

Only 3yrs warranty, but at the stated price with 2x free games if it makes a difference.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,409.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

Soldato
If both GPUs are the same price, comparing will be very easy. The 6900xt is significantly fast than the 3080ti on average. The DLSS and Raytracing are something to consider, but raw performance alone it's a straight forward choice. However i'd take warranty length into consideration, this can vary somewhat by a few years, and at a time where GPUs are expensive i'd be going with the company that has a better/quicker return and replacement reputation.

[edit]

Only 3yrs warranty, but at the stated price with 2x free games if it makes a difference.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,409.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

I'm sorry but where are you getting this information from? The 6900xt isn't significantly faster. It might be a little faster at 1080p, it's basically a wash at 1440p but at 4K the 3080Ti will be faster apart from a few titles. But there isn't a lot between them.

Associate
For 'only' another £100 you could get a Toxic extreme: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39m-sp.html
If an AIO-cooled GPU is your thing?

Or... for £29 more you can get just the AIO without the extreme part: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39h-sp.html

Personally I avoid AIOs, so would stick to the TUF you have linked, but I think the Sapphire cards get well reviewed, and the extreme should offer another bump up in performance?

Soldato
Note: I upgrade gpus every 3 years

My current gpu is 2080 super

The 2080 super is only just over 2 years old and still a decent GPU so if you Stick to the 3 year plan then you'll be looking RTX4000 / RDNA3 by which time pricing may have returned to sensible levels and the performance uplift should be much larger than what we saw this generation as the companies move to 5nm and MCM designs and know they are in a battle to be top dog.

Buying now you'll be paying over the odds for what will be a mid range card this time next year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've had both and whilst I love the current AMD cards I'd probably err towards the 3080Ti for 4k gaming. Not only will you get access to DLSS and strong RT but you also gain access to FSR with it being an open standard.

Associate
I'm sorry but where are you getting this information from? The 6900xt isn't significantly faster. It might be a little faster at 1080p, it's basically a wash at 1440p but at 4K the 3080Ti will be faster apart from a few titles. But there isn't a lot between them.

From hardwareunboxed. I just went and checked as thought i was probably remembering wrong. But the 6900xt does come in at a good 4% to 7% faster. But that will be even bigger change depending on game, either positive or negative.

Soldato
From hardwareunboxed. I just went and checked as thought i was probably remembering wrong. But the 6900xt does come in at a good 4% to 7% faster. But that will be even bigger change depending on game, either positive or negative.

The 6900XT is 7% faster at 1080p, at 4k the 3080ti is 3% faster. That's the results from Hardwareunboxed.

Associate
OP
For 'only' another £100 you could get a Toxic extreme: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39m-sp.html
If an AIO-cooled GPU is your thing?

Or... for £29 more you can get just the AIO without the extreme part: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39h-sp.html

Personally I avoid AIOs, so would stick to the TUF you have linked, but I think the Sapphire cards get well reviewed, and the extreme should offer another bump up in performance?

I do have plenty of space in my Lian Li for another 360 rad. The sapphire toxic looks really good and the cooling looks excellent

Associate
OP
I really thank and appreciate for the responses from each and every member. I guess I will go with 3080ti, found a reasonable price at £1399 Gigabyte eagle 3080ti. If that's sold out then will pick the Sapphire Toxic from Overclockers

Back
Top Bottom