MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
Got delivered yesterday so I'm ready for zen 3 and possibly a rx 6800xt if they review well, and a gen 4 nvme probably a Samsung 980 Pro.

Just waiting on some thermal paste and tim remover so I can swap out my b450 Tomahawk Max.

7rSrmwe.jpg

Associate
Ha, puts you off downloading doesn't it... if only there was some sort of "settings export" function?

I spent ages last time, messing with the fan settings - haven't even started overclocking yet!

Yeah same, I just installed my new PSU today as well and I've got my programming assignment due in on Monday, I won't be overclocking my RAM until I've got a zen-3 if I do manage to get one lol.

Soldato
There was another BIOS posting today, looks like 7C84v14 final. Any results?

I stuck bios 14 on this morning on my part build with a little 3200g in temorarily.
I had a Windows 10 home installed ssd from my intel system from when I switched to NvME, which I previously plugged in and win sorted itself out to run on the AMD system.
I also had a spare little ssd which I had put a fresh install of Win 10 pro on and fully updated.
After the bios flash none of the SSD's would boot into windows. But I did manage to get a fresh install of win 10 pro on .....

Soldato
I stuck bios 14 on this morning on my part build with a little 3200g in temorarily.
I had a Windows 10 home installed ssd from my intel system from when I switched to NvME, which I previously plugged in and win sorted itself out to run on the AMD system.
I also had a spare little ssd which I had put a fresh install of Win 10 pro on and fully updated.
After the bios flash none of the SSD's would boot into windows. But I did manage to get a fresh install of win 10 pro on .....
Oh no... a new bug? Have you tried rolling back?

I had something similar recently on a Gigabyte board and that still hasn't been resolved :(

Soldato
I haven't tried a rollback, a windows boot fix didnt work though.
Its not important as I was just playing with the ssd's, but I am hoping my current nvme can be swapped without issue !

Associate

Isn't this a UEFI / CSM issue?

Associate
Anyone else having issues with the 5600X on x570 tomahawk ? It posts " sometimes" and if it does it works, but i cannot enter bios whatever I do, incase of boot it goes straight to windows. So i cant change anything, mem is 2133C15
Running the latest bios.
The board is fine runs without issues and bios works fine with 2700x
I ran CB20 on stock mem @ 2133C15 multi was 4210 and single 594

Soldato
Unplug your storage to go into bios, then disable splash screen/boot logo and maybe turn of numlock on boot (I need to anyhow as my del key is also my numpad 4 and del is what gets you into bios).

Associate
I have tried unplugging everything but no help sadly, i have a full size keyboard with a regular delete, this mb obv needs a working bios, not this half baked turd it has now :)

Soldato
if there is no hdd/usb/optical connected it should go into bios from turn on, mine does.
You need to be fast on the del key with an ssd or nvme connected though !
No probs like you have with the 3100 or the 5800x in mine so far, running bios 14.
My above issue turned out to be faulty HDMI cable :rolleyes:

Associate
i tested 2 monitors with displayport still nothing, when it boots I just end up in windows, ill do some more testing since im not diggint the 2133 ram, would like to run it on 3800 or 4000 instead, thanks for your help.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
@oldbanana - from Windows, hold down shift and click on restart from the power menu. That should let you get to troubleshooting and from there you can tell it to boot to UEFI/BIOS to change settings.

Associate
I did all that and nothing worked, then someone mentioned that he also had the same mb and no picture with dp, and he tried hdmi and that worked, so I tried it aswell and now it`s all good, makes no sense but that`s how it goes! Not sure why it didnt boot about 4 in 5 tries tho, that cant be dp issue.

Back
Top Bottom