MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
Why do you need to change to gen 3 instead of 4?

I had a similar issue but mine was trying to go from gen 3 to 4. I had a a gen 3 m.2 in originally and then swapped it out for a gen 4 drive but the board would only seen it as a gen 3 driver no matter what settings I applied in bios.

Cmos reset fixed the issue for me :)

Associate
Why do you need to change to gen 3 instead of 4?

I had a similar issue but mine was trying to go from gen 3 to 4. I had a a gen 3 m.2 in originally and then swapped it out for a gen 4 drive but the board would only seen it as a gen 3 driver no matter what settings I applied in bios.

Cmos reset fixed the issue for me :)

I wanted to use a riser, it only works on PCIE 3.0..

But sadly, that setting in the bios to set to 3.0 does diddly squat, and it remains on 4.0

Associate
I've got this board with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, after a problem-free year I've just started getting constant reboots, sometimes the motherboard won't post and shows the CPU fail light.

I'm on the latest stable BIOS (7C84v17) but what I see in CPU-Z is that the core CPU voltage creeps up and up toward 1.5 volts at which point it crashes the machine.
I'm running stock, no overclocking at all but the CPU voltage climbs and climbs until the machine restarts, timing seems to vary somewhat by activity but it'll do it even if left on the desktop with no apps open.

The only way I've managed to get it running stable it is by undervolting the CPU.

Anyone else had similar problems? any solutions?

Associate
I've got this board with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, after a problem-free year I've just started getting constant reboots, sometimes the motherboard won't post and shows the CPU fail light.

I'm on the latest stable BIOS (7C84v17) but what I see in CPU-Z is that the core CPU voltage creeps up and up toward 1.5 volts at which point it crashes the machine.
I'm running stock, no overclocking at all but the CPU voltage climbs and climbs until the machine restarts, timing seems to vary somewhat by activity but it'll do it even if left on the desktop with no apps open.

The only way I've managed to get it running stable it is by undervolting the CPU.

Anyone else had similar problems? any solutions?

I have a similar issue but with the Unify board and have been chasing my tail with it.... Still running a RX480 card and there have been a couple of threads elsewhere which have suggested disabling the following;

AMD High Definition Audio Device
AMD Streaming Audio Device

I have done this and all has been ok for a couple of days, however sometimes I can go for a week or so and no restart.

Hope it helps

Soldato
Beta bios is the certified bios, they ne er evolve it until they launch their next 'beta'.
They won't update until there is something to update for.
That'll be the 5800x3d launch which isn't really that far away.

Permabanned
It is very weird. The Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite has a F36e BIOS with
  1. Update AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.4 A X570 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
While the AsRock Taichi X570 hasn't received any BIOS update since August.
ASRock > X570 Taichi

This board has only AGESA 1.2.0.3c update.

Beta bios is the certified bios

I don't think so.
Beta means that the user is a beta tester and the manufacturer doesn't guarantee full compatibility or lack of issues.

Soldato
It is very weird. The Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite has a F36e BIOS with
  1. Update AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.4 A X570 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
While the AsRock Taichi X570 hasn't received any BIOS update since August.
ASRock > X570 Taichi

This board has only AGESA 1.2.0.3c update.

I don't think so.
Beta means that the user is a beta tester and the manufacturer doesn't guarantee full compatibility or lack of issues.
Which msi do for every bios until they release the next one.
They're hilarious for it.
It's always beta , until the next beta.

Soldato
How is everyone else's wifi speed with this board? My speeds are absolutely rubbish on wifi. I've had the board for quite some time but only ever had Sky 60mb broadband for the most part. But we got Toob 1gb internet about 2 months ago and since then I'm really seeing how poor the speed of wifi is on this board. When I'm hardwired I get 950mb up and down, but on wifi I get a maximum of 90mb when I'm only about 10 feet away from the router with full bar signal. I do have MSI dragon centre and have disabled the LAN manager as suggested on a lot of forums, but the problem still exists. All my other wireless devices like phones and Ipads are getting anywhere from 500mb to 600mb download speeds.

I've checked the support page and got all the latest drivers and flashed to the latest bios version btw.

Permabanned
How is everyone else's wifi speed with this board? My speeds are absolutely rubbish on wifi. I've had the board for quite some time but only ever had Sky 60mb broadband for the most part. But we got Toob 1gb internet about 2 months ago and since then I'm really seeing how poor the speed of wifi is on this board. When I'm hardwired I get 950mb up and down, but on wifi I get a maximum of 90mb when I'm only about 10 feet away from the router with full bar signal. I do have MSI dragon centre and have disabled the LAN manager as suggested on a lot of forums, but the problem still exists. All my other wireless devices like phones and Ipads are getting anywhere from 500mb to 600mb download speeds.

I've checked the support page and got all the latest drivers and flashed to the latest bios version btw.

It is a weird issue, to be honest. Check the settings of your router - channels, bandwidth:

Because the integrated in the board WiFi adapter looks normal:

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200
  • Supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, MU-MINO Rx, 2.4GHz-5GHz (160MHz) up to 2.4Gbps
  • Supports Bluetooth® 5.1
  • The Wireless module is pre-install in the M2_WIFI1 (Key-E) slot
MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | RETURN TO HONOR (msi.com)

Soldato
I use mine wired but as a test I disabled the ethernet connection and connected via wifi to router only 2 foot away max though and was able to hit 537 (close to my package limit) Mbps on speedtest. Also tried connecting to VM router in next room over through 1 plasterboard wall and it hit 390 Mbps. Using 183 beta BIOS here.

Caporegime
Just for comparison I connected using the WIFI on my X570 as well and got 75.17Mbps down and 16.77 Up which is close to my 80 meg Sync speed.

I tell a lie. The above was via Ethernet. WIFI gives me:
DOWNLOAD Mbps 70.47
UPLOAD Mbps 14.86

So not dramatically different although a little bit slower. This is with Sky Broadband.

Soldato
I'm getting 60mb to 90mb download at times but I'm on 1gb Internet and would download over WiFi on 5ghz to be up in the 500mb region. Its not to much of a problem as I always run ethernet cables to pc anyway for the full 950mb download but the wife nags at the cables running along the lounge floor

Soldato
I'm getting 60mb to 90mb download at times but I'm on 1gb Internet and would download over WiFi on 5ghz to be up in the 500mb region. Its not to much of a problem as I always run ethernet cables to pc anyway for the full 950mb download but the wife nags at the cables running along the lounge floor
Just get some mini truncking and you can run them along the top of the skirting boards.

https://www.toolstation.com/mini-trunking-3m/p55828

Back
Top Bottom