Multi-Multi-Monitor suggestions for the graphics card

Associate
Looking for any suggestions.... my mate wants to connect five monitors to one PC!! :eek: Not for playing games, but the odd movie will be run to one or two of the screens. One of the screens is connected via S-video. Any suggestions?

Look at it as "three PC monitors on the desk" for an expanded desktop for use surfing the net. Then a Big Toshiba TV (using S-Video connector) and a Sony Projector (using VGA) to watch MP4'd movies on.

Currently there is a PCI-e Ati Radeon of some form in the PC which is connected to a single monitor and the Toshiba TV.

My first assumption is the Ati Radeon only supports two outputs at a time. (Not got model to hand, but there are VGA, DVI and S-Video connectors on this card and I assume I can only use two at a time?)

So we now want to add more screens to this PC. I was wondering about some of the Matrox products here on OCUK. For example, the Parhelia Triplehead will allow all three connectors to function at the same time. And there is also the TripleHead2Go box of tricks that seems it could also help.

Does anyone have experience of these cards in your multi-monitor setups? :cool: :D

(Note: More detailed specs can be got after my next visit. Worth noting is this PC has only a single PCI-e slot, and we are quite happy to replace the graphics card if needed, and also prepared to use PCI graphics cards as needed.... though if the price tips too high, we could even end up with a new motherboard/PC/etc is SLI/Crossfire if a cheaper answer. :p Probally easier to end up with a different PC driving the TV and Sony....)

(I have posted in the monitors section as this is more of a "loads of screens" question than a "tweak my graphics card for better gaming" question)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom