Multipanel for shower enclosure, anyone fitted these?

Associate
Hi thanks for your advice in the past, I know a few of you have fitted these panels and I would like to ask, I'm removing the tiles inside the shower and going to fit these panels, did you run the panel out past the line of the shower door a bit into the bathroom area?
I will be retiling the rest of the bathroom later in the year BTW.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
I used these over my tiles in the shower cubicle area- 1200 x 900 and without cutting the width they overlapped the shower tray just enough to get the alloy finishing strip down each side and fitting flush to the edge of the tray and down to the floor - Glad I did as don't think I could have got a decent finish down the edges.
The boards also sit on top of the shower tray and I have finally got a water tight join with the tray - Plenty of mastic on tray first then drop boards on - clean off when dry then apply the seal coat after.

I did buy the marine ply based boards and so far can't fault them - Give them a good clean on regular basis then put a good layer of car polish on them and water beads off.

Best thing I have done for a long time.

Soldato
I used these over my tiles in the shower cubicle area- 1200 x 900 and without cutting the width they overlapped the shower tray just enough to get the alloy finishing strip down each side and fitting flush to the edge of the tray and down to the floor - Glad I did as don't think I could have got a decent finish down the edges.
The boards also sit on top of the shower tray and I have finally got a water tight join with the tray - Plenty of mastic on tray first then drop boards on - clean off when dry then apply the seal coat after.

I did buy the marine ply based boards and so far can't fault them - Give them a good clean on regular basis then put a good layer of car polish on them and water beads off.

Best thing I have done for a long time.

They do a seal for using ontop of trays and baths.

Going to be doing the majority of my bathroom in multipanel, straight onto the brick walls.

Associate
OP
Give them a good clean on regular basis then put a good layer of car polish on them and water beads off.

OK thanks for that,i never thought of car polish :)

Had multipanels fitted in both our bathrooms, and in both cases the fitter had them go out further than the shower dimensions.

Someone else said to run them out past the shower, thanks.

Thanks everyone.

Soldato
They do a seal for using ontop of trays and baths.

Going to be doing the majority of my bathroom in multipanel, straight onto the brick walls.

I asked at the plumbers merchant when I bought my panels and they said most plumbers don't use the the seals. - Who was I to argue I had never fitted one before but it's turned out OK.

Associate
OP
I asked at the plumbers merchant when I bought my panels and they said most plumbers don't use the the seals. - Who was I to argue I had never fitted one before but it's turned out OK.

So, did you set the Multipanel dry on top of the shower tray then silicone seal along the front of it?

Associate
OP
Had multipanels fitted in both our bathrooms, and in both cases the fitter had them go out further than the shower dimensions.

Hi Thanks for that, out pas by how much? did he notice it around the shower tray so the panel would touch the floor at that point?

Thank you.

Soldato
In one of the bathrooms they went out to a door frame as it looked better that way. At the other end, level with the edge of the bath.

In the other bathroom, it went far enough past the shower screen so the end bead for the panel sits against the screen mount.

Associate
OP
In one of the bathrooms they went out to a door frame as it looked better that way. At the other end, level with the edge of the bath.

In the other bathroom, it went far enough past the shower screen so the end bead for the panel sits against the screen mount.

Thanks for that, I too have the bathroom door close to the end of the shower tray. OK Thank you again. I'll be fitting them soon, once the plumber gets a chance to fit me in :)

Soldato
So, did you set the Multipanel dry on top of the shower tray then silicone seal along the front of it?

Sorry I missed this one.

I put a big squirt of mastic along the shower tray - I had just enough head room to lift panels up on top of mastic and set them down - cleaned up the excess then when dry got next door to do a final run of mastic - he was better at it than me.

As I said earlier these are best things I have ever done. When cleaned and polished up they look really good. - All my bathroom fittings are chromed brass (expensive but worth it) and after 10 yrs they still look new but we do wipe and dry shower after every use.
No such thing in our house as a quick shower.

Associate
OP
Sorry I missed this one.

I put a big squirt of mastic along the shower tray - I had just enough head room to lift panels up on top of mastic and set them down - cleaned up the excess then when dry got next door to do a final run of mastic - he was better at it than me.

As I said earlier these are best things I have ever done. When cleaned and polished up they look really good. - All my bathroom fittings are chromed brass (expensive but worth it) and after 10 yrs they still look new but we do wipe and dry shower after every use.
No such thing in our house as a quick shower.

That's no bother, that's great info, thank you for all of that.

Back
Top Bottom