Multiple Star Trek shows in the Making

Rumours abound that there will be a new Star Trek series which features Picard.

A series which features Starfleet Acadmy from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.

A limited series (Possibly the Picard one) which plot details are under wraps.

Another limited series based around the "Wrath of Khan" story.

An animated series.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/06/19/br...elevision-franchise-alex-kurtzman-to-oversee/

Oooooh is all I can say.

Soldato
A one off Picard arc with Patrick Stewart would be great, but yeh it would definitely have to be a mini series as I doubt they would want to risk a full on season show given his age.

Or he could feature in discovery given how easy it would be for them to jump to Picard's timeline.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
They've been on about doing a Starfleet Academy series for aaaaaaaaaages, prior to Enterprise everyone though it was the fabled SFA show they were making. It kept getting quashed for the same reason, how can you make SFA interesting? It's a bunch of scrubs with no ship, no autonomy, no missions, stuck on Earth essentially in a military camp doing classwork...

Man of Honour
They've been on about doing a Starfleet Academy series for aaaaaaaaaages, prior to Enterprise everyone though it was the fabled SFA show they were making. It kept getting quashed for the same reason, how can you make SFA interesting? It's a bunch of scrubs with no ship, no autonomy, no missions, stuck on Earth essentially in a military camp doing classwork...

About the only interesting thing about Star Fleet academy is the Kobayashi Maru but you can't make a whole show out of just that.

Soldato
It kept getting quashed for the same reason, how can you make SFA interesting?
Same way they make interesting all the other films and TVs that feature kids in school/college/Uni, I guess... Buffy seems to have been successful, as were things like Animal House, Footloose, Heathers, Toy Soldiers and Taps.
Bearing in mind there was the ST:TNG episode (The Lower Decks?) about junior rank Starfleeters and what they did in their mundane lives aboard ship while the officers were all off saving the galaxy and earning their starring credits... IIRC, it was quite a good episode?

So yeah, 'The Replicator Club', 'Fast Times At Starfleet High' or 'Saved By The Red Alert' don't have the same ring to it, but are probably a basic blueprint for ideas...

Associate
Star Fleet Academy would be balls. That said the DS9 episode 'Valiant' was great where a bunch of cadets gave themselves field promotions and took over a Defiant class ship was good.

The ideas floated all sound awful. They should be doing something 'in the future' past the Voyager timeline. Maybe some sort of 'temporal Prime Directive' show based on something like the ship from the Voyager episode 'Relativity'. Could also do a 'Section 31' espionage type of show.

Associate
About the only way you could make a SFA series would be to basically have a futuristic band of brothers.
Follow them from the academy through to serving on a ship/whatever during some galactic level trouble which can start off as background noise while they're training and then blow up in their faces.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
About the only way you could make a SFA series would be to basically have a futuristic band of brothers.
Follow them from the academy through to serving on a ship/whatever during some galactic level trouble which can start off as background noise while they're training and then blow up in their faces.

Now that I'd watch.

Man of Honour
Sorry, I meant the TOS era :D

Would probably end up being like The Simpsons version of Star Trek XII if they brough back the old crew though. I suspect a brief cameo from Picard somewhere.

Soldato

Remake "Space, Above and Beyond" you mean?

Associate
I'd love for Patrick Steward to return to Star Trek. Perhaps a half season long arc in Discovery?
Reprising a much older wiser Admiral Picard, representing the Federation at war with the Klingons, Romulans, Dominion, Borg and Species 8472?
And some how Discovery gets mixed up in all...

As for the other projects in early development.
Nah not really interesting me. What about the future? 25th Century at the beginning of the Temporal Prime Directive? Plenty of potential to make mistakes and create flawed interesting characters. (Not sure how well that show would float with new audiences.)

Caporegime
I'd love for Patrick Steward to return to Star Trek. Perhaps a half season long arc in Discovery?
Reprising a much older wiser Admiral Picard, representing the Federation at war with the Klingons, Romulans, Dominion, Borg and Species 8472?
And some how Discovery gets mixed up in all...

As for the other projects in early development.
Nah not really interesting me. What about the future? 25th Century at the beginning of the Temporal Prime Directive? Plenty of potential to make mistakes and create flawed interesting characters. (Not sure how well that show would float with new audiences.)
How though. Isn’t STD set about 50 years before Picards even born?

Back
Top Bottom