1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion thread (drones).

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RomanNose, 13 Jan 2012.

1. booyaka

Capodecina

2. ShivP

Soldato

3. TaKeN

Capodecina

4. ScoobyDoo

Mobster

5. ShivP

Soldato

Cheers guys

Got a link for the 2MP version? Can't find it myself :(

6. booyaka

Capodecina

7. krisboats

Mobster

So theres the video feed with the cheap £20 car monitor and my first outdoor flight with the fpv250!

8. booyaka

Capodecina

Jesus - Just got a text from DHL - £63 VAT & import duty due!!!!

NOT happy about that at all. Thought there might be a bit if anything but having already had to pay £50 shipping (as none of the stuff was in the UK warehouse) - another £63 on top is just mental - that's nearly 50% on top of the order costs in shipping and import duty.

Is there anything I can do before I pay it?

9. alexthecheese

Mobster

Looks cool. :cool:

Is that a 5.8ghz video tx/rx system?

Could you link to the monitor screen?

10. Flukester

Man of Honour

I have the same gimbal on my 550... the below was shot with it, pretty smooth

11. alexthecheese

Mobster

That's very cool. I'd be happy if I can get anything remotely like that!

I want to get a USB or Bluetooth FTDI board so I can connect my MultiWii flight controller to my PC, so I can have fun with waypoints whilst I wait for my FPV gear to arrive.

Any idea where I could get that on a Saturday delivery? I should've ordered it with my HobbyKing order, but didn't realise I needed it. I'll probably just strap an old phone to the bottom of it and set it off for a bit of fun.

12. mr tommo

Soldato

Those Hubsan H4 look cool. I already have a GoPro, whats the cheapest kit to make use of that? I'm guessing that's where it starts to get expensive?

13. alexthecheese

Mobster

The hubsan s4 won't carry a GoPro, you'd need something bigger, and then you have to work out what you need which takes forever. :p

14. Skeeter

Caporegime

A GoPro is quite bulky, so a multirotor to carry one will be quite big. Your better off getting a smaller, lighter camera and therefore a smaller quad.

A 250 and a Mobius are the standard it seems. ~£250 for everything if you shop smart (excluding any FPV this is).

15. booyaka

Capodecina

and don't get hit with £63 import duty:rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. alexthecheese

Mobster

I don't think you can do anything about that mate. I ordered all my kit from the UK warehouse, I know that's not always possible, but it means it comes quickly and you don't get stung along the way.

Anyone else have the idea of sticking an antenna on the roof of their house, flying the multi copter from their TV in the lounge? That would be so cool. :p

17. mr tommo

Soldato

Hmmm.... So it's either a console or one of these in Jan then. I'd resigned myself to spending £300 on a console even though I don't really need one but might reconsider now. Barely use my PS3 don't know why I'm even considering a new one.

18. alexthecheese

Mobster

Get a multicopter. Dooooo eeeeeeeet. :p I'm watching a video of a guy doing a tutorial on the MultiWii flight controller and getting ridiculously excited.

Has anyone tried Flying their multicopter via gps waypoints, just sending it off and praying that it comes back? Tempted to set it up to fly it to my brothers house and back, across town, and record the footage. If you did it at a reasonable height it wouldn't be too obnoxious.

19. howler

Wise Guy

Maybe start smaller with you waypoint flying, just in case it goes wrong and you never see it again or it flies through someone's window!

20. booyaka

Capodecina

yeah - just paid it online. Bizarrely at the same time I was about to pay it, I got a call from DHL telling me I could pay over the phone to speed things up. Considering I only got the text at 8am this morning, they are on the ball for sure!

Crazy to think - it departed HK warehouse at 11.36am yesterday morning, arrived in Germany this morning at 2.38am and it's already in East Midlands airport at 4.51am this morning!! 10,000km in under 17 hours!:eek:

Royal Mail can't to 30 miles in under 24 hours with some post!