1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion thread (drones).

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RomanNose, 13 Jan 2012.

1. Ben Cole

Mobster

Yeah, read the stuff and take some notes. Questions are straightforward. Costs £9 IIRC (that's for either the drone or the flyer id) Mavic Pro you'll probably be just flying out in the country.

2. Zsolt Szabo

Associate

Flying racing drones and planes, wings for years

3. Feek

Commissario

I still haven't caved despite having done the test months ago.. I've just been offered a brand spanking new, sealed, warrantied DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo at 20% off the RRP.

4. Mysterae_

Wise Guy

Amazon were doing a deal like that a few weeks ago, missed it myself. At that price I would have been tempted.

5. Lmg80

Hitman

What's the rules for FPV drones, assume it's always in sight right?

6. Feek

Commissario

Really? I've been looking and I've never seen it below the RRP. Camelcamelcamel shows only a tiny drop for a very short time, certainly nothing like 20%. Are you looking at the same drone?

Anyway, I got it today. The first thing I did once I got home was buy the Care Refresh package and the batteries are all charging now.

7. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Nice one @Feek, you will love it!

8. Delvis

Caporegime

LOS, weight of the quadcopter.

O suggest you read up on it a bit, seems to change every other day

9. Feek

Commissario

I got my operator and flyer IDs last year and will label the drone with my operator ID. I'm sure I've read that the drone itself should be registered but I can't find anywhere to register it. Am I imagining that, does the actual drone need to be registered?

10. Mysterae_

Wise Guy

Definitely the DJI Mini 2 Fly more Combo for £457.50 as seen in this blokes youtube video. That was on the 1st July and I missed it.

:D I bought one too! I got fed up pondering if I should get one so did. Cost £575 all in for the Mini 2 Fly More Combo with Care Refresh, actually £115 for the next 5 months interest free.

Just need to decide what ND filters to get.

11. andy_mk3

Capodecina

No it doesn't need to be registered, just the operator ID label.

12. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

Gutted, I bought a DJI Mini 2, just turned it on to update the firmware, been sat in it's bag for 4 days, only just learn't about the DJI refresh but it says my drone is out of it's activation period?

13. Feek

Commissario

Aye, you can either buy it before you switch it on or in the first 48 hours.

You can get it afterwards but there's a lot of hoops to jump through. Log in to your DJI account, go here and it tells you all about it.

14. drakulton

Wise Guy

Did anyone do the Plottermier mod to one of the old silverlit X-UFOs when they first came out? Or the Swissgyro/yaw sensor? https://www.ufo-doctor.ch/

15. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

Crisis averted, just managed to return it to Argos and bought another one! Was quite surprised they accepted it no questions asked!

16. Magic_x_uk

Soldato

Hi. Need some guidance on Betaflight.

Just got hold of a Mobula7 to use with my Spektrum dx9.
    Binds fine, but very very twitchy.
    Controls seem correct on transmitter and Betaflight.

Cannot get my head around 'modes' in Betaflight, what angle / horizon etc should be.

Just seems very twitchy taking off. Even though it has been calibrated within Betaflight.

Anyone clever on this system please

Thanks

17. Lmg80

Hitman

Pretty impossible to lose it, break it etc if you're careful. My apprehension would be it not being faulty from the outset. Day 1 for me my MM fell put of the sky and was made to claim on refresh even though there was obviously something broke from the box

18. Haggisman

Capodecina

Lots of hoops = take a short video which takes all of about 2 minutes, then wait a week or so for them to approve it :p

19. Trifid

Sgarrista

Do I understand correctly that it is illegal to fly a drone close to a airport? Had a drone fly over my house yesterday and today. I am 1.1km from the end of a active commercial runway.

20. andy_mk3

Capodecina