I finally took the plunge and ordered my first quad:

Quad:
QAV210 Carbon Fiber FPV Quadcopter
KISS 32bit Flight Controller
KISS ESC 24 amp Race Edition
EMAX RS2205s 2300Kv RaceSpec Motors
DIATONE V8.3 PDB with 12V 5V BEC & LC Filter
Foxeer HS1177 600TVL FPV Camera
Team BlackSheep UNIFY PRO 5.8GHz HV (High Voltage)
14.8v 1300mah 65c LiPo Battery 4S x3
HQProp 5X4X3 Glass Composite Tri-Bladed Propeller (Green) CW and CCW x3 sets
Team BlackSheep Triumph 5.8GHz Antennas (RHCP)
FrSky X4RSB sbus Reciever (EU LBT)

Radio:
FlySky TH9X 2.4G 9CH Transmitter & Receiver - Bought second hand from a friend together with the FrSky XJT Module (EU LBT) for 1/3 of the original price for both.
Turnigy nano-tech 1500mAH LiFe 3S 9.9v Transmitter Pack for the TH9X

Goggles:
Eachine VR-007

Hey guys, looking into getting an OSD for my drone above.

What I would like the OSD to display at least:
Mah used
Battery voltage
Altitude
RSSI
Home Direction
Distance to Home

Budget is £50-£70, the cheaper the better though as I am still learning to fly.

Any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks

Don
Hey guys, looking into getting an OSD for my drone above.

What I would like the OSD to display at least:
Mah used
Battery voltage
Altitude
RSSI
Home Direction
Distance to Home

Budget is £50-£70, the cheaper the better though as I am still learning to fly.

Any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks

So, to do all that you will need an OSD that has an in-line current meter between the drone and your battery. You will also need one that has a GPS receiver so it can do the home location thing.
What sort of craft is this going on?

To be honest, for a acro quad for fast FPV flying, all you need is battery voltage, RSSI, flight time, and artificial horizon. The rest is nice to have but just adds a lot of complexity and weight.

Soldato
To the Mavic owners here, how does it perform with a bit of a breeze going on? Is it stable enough? I'm torn between grabbing an Inspire 1 or P4 but the Mavic is constantly tempting me. It's tiny size is a bit of a concern though as far as being able to cope with a bit of a crosswind here and there.

Caporegime
So...have some tosspot who lives locally and decides that flying these over houses and hovering over peoples gardens is a good idea.

Anyone able to advise how to deal with it since I can't find the guy?

Soldato
To the Mavic owners here, how does it perform with a bit of a breeze going on? Is it stable enough? I'm torn between grabbing an Inspire 1 or P4 but the Mavic is constantly tempting me. It's tiny size is a bit of a concern though as far as being able to cope with a bit of a crosswind here and there.

Absolutely fine in 20 mph winds for me so far. The drone moves around a little bit, but not too much. The camera's rock solid.

Soldato
Excellent. Thanks.

Currently flying a Phantom 3. I intend working through my PfCO this year and I'm looking to expand my UAV capability. Inspire 1 is on the cards but thinking of replacing the P3 with a P4 so I can cover other eventualities depending on what jobs come up. Mavic or P4 is my dilema, the Inspire and X3 or X5 if I can stretch to it is a no-brainer. :cool:

Soldato
IMO the only advantage the Mavic has is portability. It gets trumped on pretty much everything else by the Phantom 4 upwards. But if portability is important then it really is just so small and easy to pack that it becomes a serious consideration - especially if you're just wanting to have some fun and get high quality photo / video rather than professional grade.

Don
Probably nothing but I'm pretty sure that the police will be much more interested in someone firing an air rifle in to the air than someone flying a multicopter - no matter how illegally it's flying.
All you can do is report it or - if you can work out where it is being flown from - approach them and advise them of the rules on where they can legally be flown.

Caporegime
Probably nothing but I'm pretty sure that the police will be much more interested in someone firing an air rifle in to the air than someone flying a multicopter - no matter how illegally it's flying.
All you can do is report it or - if you can work out where it is being flown from - approach them and advise them of the rules on where they can legally be flown.

I've already tried. I think it's likely they're either in a house or garden nearby. They're certainly not on the open expanse of land in front.

What's even more retarded is the fact that we're surrounded on 2 sides by fields and on the 3rd is the sea. There's plenty of places they could go so I can literally only assume their reasons for flying it over here are slightly sinister. It's quite often down at 1st floor level (either hoping to catch something through someone's window or scouting what's in back gardens).

Now the other option is I could talk to one of the local farmers and ask permission to have someone shoot on their land...

Soldato
Did your quad come in the end mate?

Keen to hear your thoughts on it?

Used mine for the first time today, got it from banggood.

Have to say for the price im pretty impressed, was quite windy but held up well.

Don't expect high quality images from the camera but for a beginner drone with RTH, GPS, follow me etc... it's cracking.

It's nice and quiet too... basically it's a stepping stone for me and it's already making me want more.

Only thing I'll say was the video range wasn't as great as expected but it's nOt bad.

Soldato
I've had my mind set on a Mavic Pro as a future upgrade but not sure how much I'd really bother with videos in the long run.

I do however love the idea of building one and using fpv goggles. How easy can they be to fly or is it something for experienced flyers only?

Soldato
Drone and Bylaws - London

Hi all,

I recently bought a drone for xmas. I did a bit of research and found majority of local authorities in london have banned them with the exception of two places where it is allowed to be used.

wormwood scrubs
Richmond park - flying field

Is there any other drone users in london that can advise of any other places. I have check both pdf bylaws and phone the park police to confirm.

I have come across blogs which say hampstead heath heath,victoria park, clapham common, gunnesbury park ?
But cant find anything to support this claim.

Back
Top Bottom