Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Caporegime
The flying time will always be low of the smaller ones due to the size of the batteries.... Even on my racer it's only about three minutes, mainly due to the discharge rate mind.

Depending on budget you could take a look at the tiny woop as well

Caporegime
No it'd probably be the same, maybe 5 mins.

I think that'd a nanotechnology quad also but not sure without looking properly.

For filming you'll either want a Phantom/spark/mavic, or for a budget strap a gopro onto something that can carry it....naturally it won't be as good.

Essentially always look at YouTube videos before buying

Caporegime
Yeah it's fine to pootle about in the living room flying line of site, the camera will be like looking through a potato.

The controls will be odd as they're on a phone but if you've not used one before then you won't know any different :)

Soldato
went for that one because the transmitter is a decent size compared to the others Ive seen, as you say the camera will just be novelty value..

Cheerson-CX-10WD-review-transmitter.jpg

Soldato
I've ordered one too, £20 for a giggle isn't too bad.

I didn't realise the one I ordered was getting sent from China...think their 'delivery est in 48 hrs' is a bit optimistic

I ended up getting an Eachine E010 from Amazon, got 5 spare batteries for the Eachine too...pretty good fun! under £30 for both

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EACHINE-Quadcopter-Headless-Remote-Control/dp/B06XYLKHPQ

can get a camera that just needs the power wires soldered on and FPV goggles for much cheapness from banggood too, dunno how good those would be but might give it a try

Soldato
The AIO camera they do is alright really, you'll be surprised how much just adding that + the draw of the camera will affect the flying

Hmmm, might take away the fun!

I've been trying to make it go through the armrest loop in an office chair and other made up things but finding it impossible to keep it at the same height unless its eye level. Especially when its going over the couch/tables.
Is it the same with all quadcopters?
The controller is tiny so maybe small movements are still quite severe but what seems like a small adjustment sends it up to the ceiling, suckered to the ceiling!

Don
Has anyone had an issue with their Phantom motor not working, or intermittent? You couldn't make it up but I had sold the P3 advanced, I wanted to test it before it got collected, turned on fine and everything but noticed a motor wasn't spinning, I turned it off/on and same issue. I then left it for a while and it came back to life but wasn't comfortable selling in the state, I have 4 days left of warranty so going to obviously log it but anyone heard similar? Assume just a dodgy motor that DJI will swap out?

Another question guys, I have a few DJI batteries that I bought when I got the drone, they cost me a fair whack (£100 odd each), I've seem some for sale now ranging from £45 to £125, are there unofficial ones or different spec?

Caporegime
Hmmm, might take away the fun!

I've been trying to make it go through the armrest loop in an office chair and other made up things but finding it impossible to keep it at the same height unless its eye level. Especially when its going over the couch/tables.
Is it the same with all quadcopters?
The controller is tiny so maybe small movements are still quite severe but what seems like a small adjustment sends it up to the ceiling, suckered to the ceiling!

Probably ground affect, closer you are to the ground the more the quad will fluctuate and go up and down, because science or something.

Obviously if you go from flying above the ground then over a table the floor is 'closer' so will naturally adjust the height, if that makes sense.

Soldato
ahh, makes sense....anything it gets close to affects it.
Been watching some YT vids...getting it in position in the clear then taking a run at it seems to work. Must have crashed the Eachine 50 times and still works fine although one of the motors moves a bit but just needs pushed back down every so often

Back
Top Bottom