Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Cool...mine arrived Tuesday....its fun...the altitude hold was a bit confusing at first but makes sense why the throttle control is spingy

Got the app (WiFi FPV) working on my Android phone once, never managed to connect again since :( Works fine on my iPad ...obv that doesn't fit in the holder tho!!

A camera question....

Would a phone/iPad work as a receiver for this camera?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06XK9KX1Z#Ask
I see in the questions it says you need a receiver/monitor. Is that just for screens (as opposed to tablets etc)

Soldato
I'm off to Madeira on Saturday, and in two minds as to whether to take the Mavic. The laws are quite relaxed, pretty similar to the UK, and some of the scenery looks quite interesting. That's countered by pretty constant windy weather. I'm not too interested in video, and not sure I can be bothered for a handful of pictures.

Soldato
Bought the Crazepony AIO cam and a cheap pair of goggles just to try out and mess around with really. The goggles screen is really low res but it has a DVR built in which is something I wanted...for the screen to be in the right position (for me) it has to be so low down on my face that my nose has to be inside the goggles! So the screen steams up unless I only breath through my mouth..

The goggles... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crazepony-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R5DXTGB7ERE59HEKN3KN

The cam..came with a little body/holder too
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crazepony-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0X3AET555WMGT8EE6X21

The cam came with a piggy back connector but the connectors are different size to the standard Eachine E010 battery connector so I soldered the smaller connector on to the board
Intended to make a little video but it was on time lapse when it was recording! here it is anyway..

https://youtu.be/bKrSEhlY7uQ

The cam has a '10 degree tilt mount' which just means it moves about....so its kept facing down with a tie wrap

Last edited:
Caporegime
The res is always going to be low, unless you attach something like a connect pro sight to it lol.

They aren't designed for looking pretty, they're designed to just see where you're going over an analogue signal.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it

Soldato
It's fun....finding the altitude/height really hard to judge through the goggles...can pretty much make it go where I want without the goggles now but its just like starting from the beginning again.....I think partly due to the cam making it fly differently .... keep hitting the ceiling or floor!

Having said that I can still keep.it flying and no crashes with cam attached but not using the goggles

Soldato
Ended up buying the Spark with a controller, I was very tempted by the mavic - the video quality and battery life is much better, but the unoffensive size/sound of the Spark plus easier to edit 1080 footage is what won it.

Soldato
Which is funny, as I feel like the Mavic Pro is smaller (for transport almost certainly it is). Never saw filming in 4K as an issue for editing. I've not checked, surely I could set it to 1080p if wanted?

Soldato
I think transport wise it is smaller or at least very similar. I've just came to the conclusion that I'd prefer something small when it's up in the air so it doesn't wind the public up. The Spark looks like a toy whereas the mavic looks very purposeful if that makes sense? I imagine you can record in 1080 on the mavic but it would be a bit of a waste

I also like flying in the house and I'm guessing the Spark could scratch that itch for 5-10mins where the mavic would need to be outside.

I'm sure the mavic is better and it's the one I originally wanted but I can definitely make do with the Spark and save a few quid.

Back
Top Bottom