Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Don
Both have their uses. I would buy both if I had the cash.
The Spark is very cool and if it gets you what you need then it's the right craft for you. I fly my Inspire regularly but am seriously considering a Mavic for more stealthy photography. If you think the Mavic would get too much attention then try flying an Inspire or (as I used to) an S900 with a big-ass camera underneath.

Soldato
I must be cruel and heartless for young lads plight giving me such giggles.

Video title:- "Infinity 1300 mah 90c 4s batteries from banggood.com don't work with quadcopter and won't charge..."

Caporegime
I must be cruel and heartless for young lads plight giving me such giggles.

Video title:- "Infinity 1300 mah 90c 4s batteries from banggood.com don't work with quadcopter and won't charge..."

What's his issue here? Ignoring the fact I'm cringing with him playing with the throttle like that with the props on. :p

I always figured default for arming on those fsi6 was to push the throttle to the bottom right?

Soldato
What's his issue here? Ignoring the fact I'm cringing with him playing with the throttle like that with the props on. :p

I always figured default for arming on those fsi6 was to push the throttle to the bottom right?

1: You turn the radio on first, and turn off last. ALWAYS.
2: He has the props on while testing. Don't do that
3: You need to arm the quad before throttle will work. Arming can be set on stick or switch. It's configured in the flight controller. Anyone reading this, never use stick arming, always put it on a switch.

Basically, he has no clue what he's doing and is lucky he didn't wreck something or hurt himself.

Caporegime
Meh, I've done point one either way, agree with the rest though.

My arming is done via switch also, as said stock on a lot of those quads assuming it's an eachine model is usually set to the left stick

Soldato
One of the motors is sticking on the E010 now...spins up if you flick the propeller but doesn't fly properly. Guessing (hoping) its due to all the crashes (struggling with altitude judging/control thru the goggles)

£7 for a set of 'insane' motors which will no doubt decrease flight time even further...ordered anyway

Soldato
new motor didn't help...there's power constantly going to that one motor now (might have always been like that since it started playing up, but only noticed now)...spins up after flicking the prop before even binding to the controller

might have been the crashes or maybe I've put too much heat in to he board when soldering the cam and the new motor...will get another standard one and leave it alone I think!
I like tinkering but it's fiddly work and made me realise I might need to go to the opticians!

Associate
I've just thrown in an order for bits to build a FPV quad. Except I haven't order the FPV bits yet...
It will be fun to build an fly around while I work out if I want to buy the cheap eachines ev100 goggles or the more expensive aomway commander ones.
Is the runcam swift 2 a good camera? There seems to be a few options for it. OSD, micro.
Any other thoughts on camera, lens and vtx?
Simon

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a new firmware out today for the Mavic Pro.

What’s New?

• Added QuickShot feature (requires DJI GO 4 app v4.1.10 or higher).
• Added Dynamic Home Point for ActiveTrack mode.
• Adjusted the color in Normal mode to Vivid.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just thrown in an order for bits to build a FPV quad. Except I haven't order the FPV bits yet...
It will be fun to build an fly around while I work out if I want to buy the cheap eachines ev100 goggles or the more expensive aomway commander ones.
Is the runcam swift 2 a good camera? There seems to be a few options for it. OSD, micro.
Any other thoughts on camera, lens and vtx?
Simon

Building from scratch? What size?

Unrelated but I've just ordered this. I can only assume they've made this for people to attach a camera....thats what I'll be doing anyway :D Was ready to give up on FPV when the E010 broke down but since I've got the goggles now...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/EACHINE-Quadcopter-Coreless-Headless-Control/dp/B0736QXNSY

Bigger motors and battery so should cope better and fly for longer

Soldato
Building from scratch? What size?

Unrelated but I've just ordered this. I can only assume they've made this for people to attach a camera....thats what I'll be doing anyway :D Was ready to give up on FPV when the E010 broke down but since I've got the goggles now...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/EACHINE-Quadcopter-Coreless-Headless-Control/dp/B0736QXNSY

Bigger motors and battery so should cope better and fly for longer

I just bought myself one of those and have converted it to FPV. I am going to buy a proper transmitter for it and then modify it to allow for acro mode (ie does not automatically go back to horizontal) to let me learn how to fly it. Then I am tempted on getting a bigger 250 size quad to try my hand with more of a racer quad.

What I can say is the E011 is really good to learn with, it is really strong and has held up to many silly crashes. It copes fine with my camera setup and I know it isn't the lightest of ones done.

Soldato
Yeah it's for indoors practice/fun....then maybe something faster once I'm more familiar with the controls, although its good sitting indoors in the warmth!
I just had to google acro/horizontal...interesting. I take it you could crash in mid air with acro just by being too aggressive?
A proper transmitter would be good...
I've made little extensions from wooden dowels for the Eachine transmitter...so easy to go to 100% throttle without wanting to

Soldato
Been wanting to get into aerial/drone photography for a while.
What is the best way to get into it?
Always thought I could build one from scratch and attach a decent action camera on it but after looking at the Mi Drone 4k and Hubsan H109S, maybe RTF is the way to go?

Caporegime
Been wanting to get into aerial/drone photography for a while.
What is the best way to get into it?
Always thought I could build one from scratch and attach a decent action camera on it but after looking at the Mi Drone 4k and Hubsan H109S, maybe RTF is the way to go?

Defo rtf unless you want to use an SLR or something.

Can pick up phantom 3's pretty cheap now.....depends what you want reallllllllly, Yeh you could build a quad and whack a gopro on it but it won't be a stabilised image and you want be able to control what youre pointing at etc

Caporegime
Yeah it's for indoors practice/fun....then maybe something faster once I'm more familiar with the controls, although its good sitting indoors in the warmth!
I just had to google acro/horizontal...interesting. I take it you could crash in mid air with acro just by being too aggressive?
A proper transmitter would be good...
I've made little extensions from wooden dowels for the Eachine transmitter...so easy to go to 100% throttle without wanting to

Yeah taking off the flying aids is fun. Once you get into racers or something of that ilk you'll only fly in rate/acro mode.

My doesn't even have the option for self levelling anymore lol

Back
Top Bottom