Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Someone needs to report you to the authorities, absolutely stupid of you to do what you are doing.

Already reported him to police. Nice email with a picture of his mug, screenshots of his channel and links to uploads of his videos in case he deleted them from YouTube.

Best of all a video containing a confession from him about breaking the law.

Permabanned
Can anyone point me in the right direction of some FPV drone racing type kit?

Would like some good bits... highest res possible goggles, low latency, good range, fast drone... etc etc... don't have much of a clue how to start.

Just want to play with it, but want it to be good.

Thanks

Soldato
Can anyone point me in the right direction of some FPV drone racing type kit?

Would like some good bits... highest res possible goggles, low latency, good range, fast drone... etc etc... don't have much of a clue how to start.

Just want to play with it, but want it to be good.

Thanks

Are you looking to build, or just buy?

Either way, you're probably going to want either the Fat Shark HDO (OLED) or Fat Shark HD3 for goggles. Read the reviews, and see which you think would suit you best.

If wanting to just buy, then you probably want to go to quadcopters.co.uk and get one of their ready built Armattan Roosters and check the box that adds a Taranis QX 7 radio.

If you're wanting to build, then check fpvknowitall.com and see what he recommends. I'm about 12 months out of date on my racing quad knowledge, since I went back to flying RC helicopters. FPV was just not challenging enough without people to race against.

Permabanned
Are you looking to build, or just buy?

Either way, you're probably going to want either the Fat Shark HDO (OLED) or Fat Shark HD3 for goggles. Read the reviews, and see which you think would suit you best.

If wanting to just buy, then you probably want to go to quadcopters.co.uk and get one of their ready built Armattan Roosters and check the box that adds a Taranis QX 7 radio.

If you're wanting to build, then check fpvknowitall.com and see what he recommends. I'm about 12 months out of date on my racing quad knowledge, since I went back to flying RC helicopters. FPV was just not challenging enough without people to race against.

Just buy, preferably... don't feel like building. Don't have the time or desire... just wanna play!

Funny enough I had just been looking at those Armattan units... been looking at a few things but can't seem to tell the difference between the Rooster and Chameleon.

Thanks

Soldato
The Rooster has a titanium front cage and replaceable separate arms. The Chameleon has an aluminium front and the bottom plate is all one carbon fibre piece including the arms. Other than that, they're very similar.
I think they do a Ti version of the Chameleon too now.

Soldato
Oh is that illegal?

I was expecting it to be flying round an airport or something the ay people where reacting

Technically, you're not meant to go above 400 feet. Then you are in the airspace of police helicopters, air ambulance, planes etc.

Thats why the new laws come into place next year.

Above 400 feet the pictures/video look like Google maps anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom