Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Will probably upgrade to the clearview system when they've ironed out the issues and are selling them again.

The only environment where Clearview really shines, is indoors, where there's lots of multi-pathing. It might be worth it if you're planning on flying through abandoned buildings, but out in the open a patch antenna and omni antenna on a diversity module will do just as well, if not better.

Soldato
Aha :) Anyone on here have a pair? Fancy getting some.

I've got a pair of the DJI goggles for my works Phantom 4 and they only really worked easily once I'd added in the hdmi output module to my P4 controller!

With the P4 you can't use them wirelessly so you have to use USB if you want certain control functions to work but all I needed was the video output for someone else to see while I'm flying which now works flawlessly with an HDMI cable between controller and goggles.

Would be nice if they worked wirelessly as they would with the mavic pro I have but that's my own kit not works!

You can get the DJI Racing Goggles now too which offer analogue antenna connections too but the regular ones aren't bad as the price has dropped from the £460 odd I paid!

Soldato
I've got a pair of the DJI goggles for my works Phantom 4 and they only really worked easily once I'd added in the hdmi output module to my P4 controller!

With the P4 you can't use them wirelessly so you have to use USB if you want certain control functions to work but all I needed was the video output for someone else to see while I'm flying which now works flawlessly with an HDMI cable between controller and goggles.

Would be nice if they worked wirelessly as they would with the mavic pro I have but that's my own kit not works!

You can get the DJI Racing Goggles now too which offer analogue antenna connections too but the regular ones aren't bad as the price has dropped from the £460 odd I paid!

Is this image quality good? I have a Mavic Pro, do you get a sense of immersion with them?

Soldato
The long awaited quadcopter from Autel Robotics, the Evo, has been anounced. Dubbed the Mavic Pro killer it will be released on 25th June.

And you just know that a week or 2 later DJI will showcase the Mavic Pro 2.

Soldato
Got my son a Little Tikes My First Helicopter. All was going well but now it won't fly any higher than two feet off the ground. I've changed the batteries in the control that are used to charge it but it's still the same.

What I noticed is that if I put my hand under it as it's flying it will ascend, so I'm thinking is it something to do with sensors underneath it?

https://imgur.com/a/ujeXtaV

edit: tried resizing the image wouldn't work so just linked it

Soldato
Got my son a Little Tikes My First Helicopter. All was going well but now it won't fly any higher than two feet off the ground. I've changed the batteries in the control that are used to charge it but it's still the same.

What I noticed is that if I put my hand under it as it's flying it will ascend, so I'm thinking is it something to do with sensors underneath it?

https://imgur.com/a/ujeXtaV

edit: tried resizing the image wouldn't work so just linked it

I just Googled the thing and the first link to the product (Argos) says "Motion-sensor technology on bottom of helicopter automatically maintains height at 3' off the ground. Sensor allows it to be pushed up higher into the air by gliding hand underneath helicopter."

How did you not even search for it, read the manual, or know this before buying it, to the extent that taking a photo of it and asking here was your first port of call?

Soldato
I just Googled the thing and the first link to the product (Argos) says "Motion-sensor technology on bottom of helicopter automatically maintains height at 3' off the ground. Sensor allows it to be pushed up higher into the air by gliding hand underneath helicopter."

How did you not even search for it, read the manual, or know this before buying it?

Hahahaha!! All I did was watch a Youtube video and they showed how easy the controls were, it basically flys itself so I thought great he'll love it. When I first got it the thing flew close to the ceiling lights but now it won't go as high..... so I figured something was wrong. But if its meant to do that then that's fine.

Associate
In other news, I need to upgrade my vtx, and probably need an antenna or two, what would people recommend?

Got to be one with betaflight control
My configs
1. TBS UNIFY PRO HV (smartaudio) + Lumenier AXII stubby
2. MATEK VTX-HV (tramp control). + TBS TRIUMPH stubby

both good. I probably prefer number 1 as I get less interference but that could just be my wiring

Back
Top Bottom