Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Took this last weekend. Southerness Lighthouse in Dumfries whilst down there on a short holiday break with the family. Mavic Pro 4k. I know........I need to invest in a set of ND filters to sort out the WB issues. :cool:

Soldato
Anyone else here use MD Filters? On the strength of the above vid I posted I just picked up a set of Polar Pro Cinema Series ND8, ND16 and ND32. Never used ND's before, any tips? These ones seem decent according to the dudes on the MavicPilots forums.

Soldato
I have to get a set. I watched a few YouTube videos a few weeks ago on them but forget which filter you would need. Worth checking them out especially guys that are based in the uk.

Soldato
Hey, wanting to get into this with my son and start off at the bottom, I'm wanting an "outside" drone, with a decent camera, I don't mind buying second hand first time round, whats the best £100 can get me?
I managed to bag a parrot bebop 1 for £80 off gumtree, not amazing and flight times were short, personally id up the budget if you can a bit £100 isn't really going to get anything other than disapointment

Associate
Hey, wanting to get into this with my son and start off at the bottom, I'm wanting an "outside" drone, with a decent camera, I don't mind buying second hand first time round, whats the best £100 can get me?
Assuming your wanting a camera drone, I wouldn't want to go with anything less than a dji phantom 3s, even then you will quickly become disappointed with range as it uses Wi-Fi unlike the advanced and pro. Doubt you will get anything of any use for 100

Soldato
Get a Visuo xs809 first.

Very well built, inexpensive quadcopter to learn to fly on with a decent battery and flight time. Despite me owning a number of much more expensive quads, if I just want to fly around for a bit - this is my go to 'toy'.

Soldato
Had a quick go of a mates DJI Spark on the weekend. WOW. First time flying any of the DJI stuff and very impressed.
The spark was near enough still whilst hovering. impressed with the camera too.

Soldato
Get a Visuo xs809 first.

Very well built, inexpensive quadcopter to learn to fly on with a decent battery and flight time. Despite me owning a number of much more expensive quads, if I just want to fly around for a bit - this is my go to 'toy'.
Really? I had one of those and it was horrendous, however I think there might be two different models, sure my one didn't have the height hold feature?

You might be able to get a entry level Husban drone with GPS etc

Soldato
Really? I had one of those and it was horrendous, however I think there might be two different models, sure my one didn't have the height hold feature?

You might be able to get a entry level Husban drone with GPS etc
Depends what you want from a quadcopter. It flies well, has a decent battery, is quite rhobust and folds up small. It's nothing like a GPS drone - which in reality is quite boring to fly. Great for aerial photography - but there's no skill at all involved. The computer is doing all the work.

Associate
Anyone got in to whoops yet? I’ve got a qx65 and a Betafpv pro 2. Enjoying the ease of being able to fly around the house with good handling and the ability to set up how I want it.

Associate
Anyone got in to whoops yet? I’ve got a qx65 and a Betafpv pro 2. Enjoying the ease of being able to fly around the house with good handling and the ability to set up how I want it.

I've got a tiny whoop based on the beebrain v2 stack with cockroach frame. It's great fun flying around the house and through chair legs. I'l like to get a 1/2s brushless at some point as I hate changing the brushed motors so frequently.

Simon

Soldato
Hoping someone can help me... I'v just nbuilt up my first 250 racer but having some rather odd issue with takeoff...

I've checked what I think is everything I need to and all seems ok.
Spec is
Chaos 30A BLHeli DSHOT ESCS
Omnibus F4 V4 Flight Controller
Futaba FM800 rx

Is there something I'm missing or haven't changed/altered in the Betaflight configurator?
Hoping someone can shed some light on this!!! Thanks

Caporegime
This is something I'd like to get into eventually.

Without reading the whole thread, what's a good starting point for a beginner (eventually I'd like to combine more than one quadcopter to make larger pre-built objects fly)?

Back
Top Bottom