Mum was mugged tonight

Man of Honour
glad your mum is ok though! doubtful the useless police will do anything though..

Hyper said:
I bet the police wont even look into the case.

You know, I find blinkered and generalising comments like these annoying to say the least.

FFS, a woman has been robbed by an obvious danger to society and the police are duty bound to investigate and investigate immediately. A swift response could net the *****rd within a few minutes of the crime occurring. If I received that call I would have blue lighted it there as quick as possible and conducted a thorough initial investigation and directed colleagues and other assets accordingly.

If the police are that crap, perhaps you two are the keystones that will make a difference ? Seriously, please refrain from generalistions and slagging off in such a manner. You both sound like Daily Mail hacks.

At the OP,

Firstly I hope your mam is ok and not too shook up. I am obviously teaching whoever to suck eggs below,

1) If the cards taken are not cancelled, do it immediately. If someone tries to use them afterwards it will leave a trail to follow.

2) CCTV. Is there any for the police to identify a suspect ?

3) Two good samaritans who helped. Did they catch a look at him ? Know him ? Seen him before ?

4) Tescos. Perhaps the suspect was in there before the attack and possible after. Have they ben visited to speak to staff, view CCTV etc ?

5) Press release. They often jog a good samaritan or even a member of the criminal fraternity to drop a dime.

6) Was there anything in the bag with a home address on it ? Was there any house keys in it ? If so, consider changing the locks.

The above is just some of the stuff I would do to get the ball rolling and I personally couldn't sleep at night if I shirked such a job with a genuine victim.

Good luck.:)

Back
Top Bottom