Mustard and facial hair?

Associate
OK help me out here. I've read quite a few people mention similar things to "mustard helps facial hair growth". But is this some kind of folk tale joke that keeps getting repeated? or is it really true? I just can't take it seriously. Rubbing some food over your face increases facial hair growth? what the hell...

Please reply if you've actually.. tried it or know someone who has.

Associate
Yeah a mate of mine did it. He couldn't grow a man-beard but after he used the mustard he had a beard to rival Santa (ok maybe not, but you get the idea). Penski is also testament to the wonders of Coleman's best.

Don't be worried about trying it yourself if thats whats concerning you..

Soldato
yea, mustard is a fantastic natural remedy for facial hair. You have to get the layer spread perfectly though, too thin and it wont work, too thick and you'll get major irritation...sure penski or some other will be along soon to explain it in more detail.

Tom.

Caporegime
Definitely works - seems to encourage follicle stimulation through chemical irritation and depends on the type of seed (yellow/black/brown) to how quickly beard growth occurs.

My friend swears by russian mustard over standard colemans because he believes that the hotter the mustard the better (more even) the growth - though I doubt theres really any medical basis for this. He used to get 'bum fluff' but its more like 'crab grass' now...

While Im at it a small warning (which should be obvious, but my friends dont understand obvious :p :rolleyes: ) dont try this solution for male pattern baldness since the epidermis/dermis is a lot thinner around the skull than the face and so could cause quite a lot of discomfort, especially with all those surface capillaries.

As an aside because mustard has an antibacterial quality I presume you could use it as a face wash aswell - obviously the application would be totally different to facial hair growth - more liquid than paste...

Anyway good luck - post pics if you try it, Im sure Penski's are still somewhere - being Sikh has its advantages that I dont need such measures :D ;)

P.S. Is not that stupid, if you consider all the beauty products out there that have essence of this and that (i.e cucumber slices to reduce bags around the eyes). Id rather use mustard than a man-made chemical any day of the week!!!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
ps3ud0 said:
Definitely works - seems to encourage follicle stimulation through chemical irritation and depends on the type of seed (yellow/black/brown) to how quickly beard growth occurs.

My friend swears by russian mustard over standard colemans because he believes that the hotter the mustard the better (more even) the growth - though I doubt theres really any medical basis for this. He used to get 'bum fluff' but its more like 'crab grass' now...

While Im at it a small warning (which should be obvious, but my friends dont understand obvious :p :rolleyes: ) dont try this solution for male pattern baldness since the epidermis/dermis is a lot thinner around the skull than the face and so could cause quite a lot of discomfort, especially with all those surface capillaries.

As an aside because mustard has an antibacterial quality I presume you could use it as a face wash aswell - obviously the application would be totally different to facial hair growth - more liquid than paste...

Anyway good luck - post pics if you try it, Im sure Penski's are still somewhere - being Sikh has its advantages that I dont need such measures :D ;)

P.S. Is not that stupid, if you consider all the beauty products out there that have essence of this and that (i.e cucumber slices to reduce bags around the eyes). Id rather use mustard than a man-made chemical any day of the week!!!

ps3ud0 :cool:

What he said. Pretty sure it's been demonstrated in a few clinical trials—try a search of some medical journals or something.

Soldato
mustn't.JPG

Permabanned
My mate tried to grow hair on his chest with it. That didn't work. He refused to try it on his face, though another mate, who's a medical student, swears by it.

He makes that Colmans stuff with powder and water himself!

Caporegime
It does work, I had an eyebrow shaved off by a few mates of mine whilst we were all a bit tipsy. I think it was my nan that suggested Mustard and it worked a treat. Took less than a week and it had fully grown back.

Caporegime
Well, i too did a bit of research on it and as long as you can maintain a good, but, thin coating over the area that you want folical stimulation, you shouldnt need to reapply than more than 4-6 times a day, Really down to the absorbtion rate tho. No deffinitive answer.

Associate
rofl why do you actually WANT more hair anyway? are you willing to risk putting mustard all over your face for no reason at all...unless you live alone dont do it.

on a second note, do it 'post pictures'

Associate
OP
I got great stubble for my age (19), it's just I want it like my dad already. I want as much as possible :cool: . The problem is I Don't live by myself :( so this may get embarassing if I get caught ;) .

Can someone post some tried and tested instructions?

Back
Top Bottom