Mustard = Facial Hair Growth?

Permabanned
IwantanewPC said:
I can't tell if anyone is being serious or not.. :D

Did you really try it then? And did it work?

I'm not messing people around, I genuinely do want to know. I've got a small, but noticable bald patch on one side of my jaw line where as the other side is fine. It's quite annoying, so if I could do this to get rid of it that'd be crackin'.

And when did you put it on, before bed or something?

Did you see my old sig on here?

I didn't believe it so I tried it and got about an inch of beard growth in three weeks!

Awesome stuff.

Get the powder, mix with water to a paste, put it on, leave to dry, wash off.

*n

Soldato
IwantanewPC said:
I can't tell if anyone is being serious or not.. :D

Did you really try it then? And did it work?

I'm not messing people around, I genuinely do want to know. I've got a small, but noticable bald patch on one side of my jaw line where as the other side is fine. It's quite annoying, so if I could do this to get rid of it that'd be crackin'.

And when did you put it on, before bed or something?

Nah I didn't bother putting it on in bed. I had a shower then put it on as that opens the pores more.

I didn't want mustard all over my pillow. And I don't think I could sleep with yellow gunk on my face.

I have somewhat lacking side burns but I put mustard powder and a tiny tiny bit of water onto them and kept it on for about an hour over the course of about a week or two.

It works, my side burns grew more fuller and longer. But that was when I had long hair, they don't really suit me with short hair so I lop them off now but it's good to know I can grow decent side burns now.

Permabanned
da_mic_1530 said:
make sure you post pics, so we can tell you if youve applied the right amount, theres too much of a good thing you know

Yeah - you need to get the right thickness. If you send me a pic (penski at gmail dot com) I'll tell you if you're doing it right - I can understand if you wouldn't want to post it on here.

*n

Caporegime
IwantanewPC said:
Any particular type of mustard?
Avoid French mustard (grey poupon / dijon etc...) as they contain Brassica Alba, which has little allyl content, and wil just make your face smell.

Permabanned
OP
penski said:
Yeah - you need to get the right thickness. If you send me a pic (penski at gmail dot com) I'll tell you if you're doing it right - I can understand if you wouldn't want to post it on here.

*n

What, so you can laugh at me? :p

Permabanned
Borris said:
Avoid French mustard (grey poupon / dijon etc...) as they contain Brassica Alba, which has little allyl content, and wil just make your face smell.

I learned that the hard way :(

Good old English Colmans!

*n

Soldato
IwantanewPC said:
What, so you can laugh at me? :p

I e-mailed penski my picture at the start of the year when I done it. And as far as I know he's never sent it to anyone else.

But even if you don't send a picture just be careful as you can quite easily mess it up especially if you don't get the water/powder mixture right or apply to much and damage the hair roots.

Soldato
I can vouch that mustard does indeed help your hair to grow. My Gran told me about it and i didn't believe her but then when i heard it on here i tried it and within a couple of weeks it did the trick.

Mark

Man of Honour
Soldato
My aunt was a bit of a hippie in the '60s. She is all into that alternative medicine sort of jazz. I was trying to grow a beard but I had a stubborn spot under my lower lip on my chin that wouldn't grow thick enough to be considered a proper beard. I asked her what I might do and she reccomended Coleman's powered mustard. It took ages for me to find here in the 'States but I ended up getting it at a European foods importer on the East side of Cleveland on E114th St. I mixed it into a thick paste, applied it, and let it sit overnight. About a week later I saw that spot of my beard start to get a lot thicker and more full. I've done a few applications since then and it's looking great. :)

Permabanned
Well I sent penski a picture of mine, I'd put too much on, as far as I know he didn't send the picture to anyone else. It wasn't of my face or anything, just my cheeks closeup where I'd smeared it on.

Permabanned
iCraig said:
Well I sent penski a picture of mine, I'd put too much on, as far as I know he didn't send the picture to anyone else. It wasn't of my face or anything, just my cheeks closeup where I'd smeared it on.

Yup - remember that; you had it on a bit thin :)

*n

Back
Top Bottom