Mustard = Facial Hair Growth?

Permabanned
I have seen this mentioned a lot on these forums and I was wondering whether it's true? :D

I've read that Mustard oils stimulate hair growth (hair as in the har on top of your head) but can't find anything on facial hair growth.

I'm curious.. although I do get quite sporadic hair growth on my face so... :o

Caporegime
Brassica Juncea, found in common mustard, actively promotes hair-growth, be it facial or on the scalp.

Colemans powder contains the highest concentration of juncea, but caution needs to be taken with application, as it may sting mucous membranes.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
No joke at all mate.
Get yourself a family jar of English and spread it all over your face. By morning you will have more stubble than a stubbly man from stubblesville.
Honest.

Caporegime
iCraig said:
It's the enzymes in the mustard that stimulate follicle growth.
Almost true - it is in fact allyl isothiocyanate concentrations, which catalyse follicle stimulation (this is a result of a chemical reaction between enzymes in the mustard, and sebum from the skin).

Caution should be taken, however, as it the allyls can irritate mucus membranes (which is why, when using mustard to stimulate eyebrow growth, one should only dab a small bit in the corners of one's eyes).

Soldato
IwantanewPC said:
Any particular type of mustard?

If you get the Colemans Mustard poweder and spread it quite thin it works.

I found that when I used some to increase my side burns I dabbed it in water and kind of blobed it on. It just stuck better onto the skin for me.

Permabanned
OP
me227 said:
If you get the Colemans Mustard poweder and spread it quite thin it works.

I found that when I used some to increase my side burns I dabbed it in water and kind of blobed it on. It just stuck better onto the skin for me.

I can't tell if anyone is being serious or not.. :D

Did you really try it then? And did it work?

I'm not messing people around, I genuinely do want to know. I've got a small, but noticable bald patch on one side of my jaw line where as the other side is fine. It's quite annoying, so if I could do this to get rid of it that'd be crackin'.

And when did you put it on, before bed or something?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom