[MW@h] Parping into the top 20

Soldato
Yes....
But not quite yet, Im trying to hold onto to my seti -ranking, but Im going to....Ooops - nearly told you! Well stomped s'ah - but I will be back...

Soldato
No, I blew all my money getting a fermi last month, and Im saving for another one as they are pretty good for seti
I do however have 2 cunning little plans - one always needs a solution or two when getting stomped...
I might ..... or I might........

:D

Either way, you have a bit of time but watch your back..

Soldato
No, I blew all my money getting a fermi last month, and Im saving for another one as they are pretty good for seti
I do however have 2 cunning little plans - one always needs a solution or two when getting stomped...
I might ..... or I might........

:D

Either way, you have a bit of time but watch your back..

Sweet Edge has a plan...keep em guessing sah...as will i :D

Man of Honour
OP
Oh dear. Looks like kolala's oars fell off! STOMPIO! :D

Been a good race and I thought you might escape. Thankyou! :)

Now, double pants takedown today then. Parping might not be a good idea! :D

Associate
ooops, yes a slight accident trying to use optimized app, it pulled the bung out of the bottom of the barge and lost loads of half finished work, plus finally got some SETI work and that diverted half the powah.:o

Thanks for setting up the Certs, know why the text is black?

cpartcert1.php

Soldato
Its just a case of extracting the files and copying the app and app_info into the MW project directory. Stop and restart boinc and you are good to go.
Im running an nvidia gpu and haven't seen anything untoward..

Soldato
Afternoon all, looking at the last 2 posts does this mean you can use fermi cards on milkyway? Have only used cpu here and there but its not a great producer, would definately do more if you can use fermi gpu....any info greatfully received :)

Soldato
Afraid not Toxic :mad:
We were just talking about the cpu optimised apps.
MW3 is supposed to work with fermi - but it is not officially available and aprt from a few cryptic forum references, I cant find it anywhere..

Associate
cpu isnt that bad of a producer with the optimzed apps, try em :)

takes my cpu around an hour and half to complete a wu with em, takes over double that with stock apps

Soldato
cpu isnt that bad of a producer with the optimzed apps, try em :)

takes my cpu around an hour and half to complete a wu with em, takes over double that with stock apps

Thanks for that cyclo, just downloaded and dropped the files in, relatively painless! Course i lost the few tasks that were in progress and it does not seem to want to download new ones just yet but will leave it and see what happens :)

Man of Honour
OP
Tried the optimised apps. Promptly crashed three WUs before I stopped it. No idea what I've done wrong but had to go straight back to stock - otherwise I'd be taking my own pants down too! :eek:

Associate
Its just a case of extracting the files and copying the app and app_info into the MW project directory. Stop and restart boinc and you are good to go.
Im running an nvidia gpu and haven't seen anything untoward..

but those links don't include an nvidia gpu option, so the appinfo.xml doesn't include a reference for the gpu so the existing wus get dumped ?

So I tried this file
http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=628&nowrap=true#40371
as suggested on the MWAH forum and it still dumped them all :(

I'd be very interested to see what your file looks like mr edgedemon.

Any way the good news is I've put the bung back in , been bailing all night and I am now UNSTOMPED ha.:p
edit I might have to take that back, there may be a bit of yo-yo-ing.

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek: Sorry to hear that Berserker, i just looked at the instructions followed em, they trashed the 3 in progress when i restarted Boinc but have since downloaded new ones and allready i notice it is much quicker :)

Back
Top Bottom