My 2 weeks of Porsche ownership

OcUK Staff
Hi there

911's seem to hate not being used or driven as Porsche intended.

Drive them hard but treat them well and they seem fine. Done a lot of track days in mine and 18 months ownership with about 15,000 miles. I've spent thousands on the car but the only actual major failure was an engine mount snapping, which Porsche recovered and replaced both under warranty. As I've got warranty I've complained over the slightest niggles which they have sorted. :)

Soldato
DSC_0356.png

DSC_0362.jpg

Not in a bad area, also they would have to walk down a massive driveway to get to the car so I have no idea why someone would do that.

What age is this 911? Externally and internally it looks rather 'dull'; Im sure it's a nice drive though. ;)

Soldato
OP
Hi there

911's seem to hate not being used or driven as Porsche intended.

Lol sounds about right, the rear discs needed to be replaced because the last owner did not really drive it very hard and they got corroded.

What age is this 911? Externally and internally it looks rather 'dull'; Im sure it's a nice drive though. ;)

its a late 06 car, its probably just my poor photography skills it actually looks very good in real life.

DSC_0371.png

Man of Honour
Yep now that I have a new battery I plan to do that.

I seem to recall a people telling my I was wrong or didn't know what I was talking about when it came to Porsche batteries losing charge over a week or so and collapsing, but here is yet another example. I'm still know nuffin mind.;)

Soldato
That is really nice, grats. After my second trip out in Gibbos Porsche I think im sold, I have spent a lot of time in various 996's but the 997 feels like a massive step up even though I have only passengered in a 997 a few times.

Soldato
OP
Car looks really great!

Thanks

I seem to recall a people telling my I was wrong or didn't know what I was talking about when it came to Porsche batteries losing charge over a week or so and collapsing, but here is yet another example. I'm still know nuffin mind.;)

Yah I remember the only issue is that getting power to the car is not easy but I will find a way.

That cleaning job is fantastic! Really looks immaculate on the outside.

Yep he did a really good job but it should have considering it took all day.

Associate
Lol sounds about right, the rear discs needed to be replaced because the last owner did not really drive it very hard and they got corroded.

its a late 06 car, its probably just my poor photography skills it actually looks very good in real life.

DSC_0371.png

Those Targas really look lovely. Excellent choice :)

cin8p.jpg
Here's mine

OcUK Staff
That is really nice, grats. After my second trip out in Gibbos Porsche I think im sold, I have spent a lot of time in various 996's but the 997 feels like a massive step up even though I have only passengered in a 997 a few times.

The 997 is a massive improvement over the 996 Carrera, the difference is literally night and day. Its just a better car in everyway, handling, power, interior and the PSM in Sport mode is superb, as you noticed it lets you kick the back-end out without any interference. :)

The GT cars however, the 997 is far better on the road again, but the 996 GT3 out of the box is actually a little more track focused. They dialled to much understeer into the 997 GT3 compared to the 996 GT3. But a £300 GT2 or gen2 GT3 rear arb completely dials out the understeer at which point the 997 beats the 996 GT3 even on track. :)

Can't wait until Tuesday when mine gets all its goodies and GEO by COG and then Donny the following week. :D

Think the 911 will be the first car I've owned for more than 2 years and my only thoughts of a replacement is a GT3 car, I do consider the Turbo from time to time but they are just a bit numb compared to the C2S or GT3 cars, maybe I should get saving for a GT2 now and also prepare my will.

In all seriousness think next car will be a 997.2 GT3 or a 997.1 GT3 RS. :)

alx

alx

Soldato
Is it just me or does anyone else really dislike the vent/grill just infront of the bonnet on arcamalpha's car? Think it's on most GT3s no??

Ruins the front end for me.

Soldato
Is it just me or does anyone else really dislike the vent/grill just infront of the bonnet on arcamalpha's car? Think it's on most GT3s no??

Care :D

It's like saying all these lovely figured beach volleyball ladies wear funny sunglasses :p

Associate

It's on all current GT3s & GT2s and not the tidiest feature, but definitely necessary going by the amount of heat that comes from it.

Back
Top Bottom