My Acer XF270H text quality isn't as good as it used to be

Soldato
Not sure what panel MPG321QRF-QD uses.
Despite of closely similar designation, product page gamut specification isn't 100% match to MAG274QRF-QD.
Though backlight seems to be some variation of same tech.
For response times there are no reviews with measurements.

Underboss
OP
just plugged in my MSI MAG 274QRF-QD

turned pc on, got to lock screen, wow , really vibrant!

got into windows, wacked it up to 165HZ
txt looks so much better than my Acer, but the graphics is where this monitor over takes it by miles
I'm keeping this new one !

Underboss
OP
reformatted, and its still the same

so i am now thinking that because its a 27" 1080p , text is worse than the 2K (due to more PPI on a 2K resolution 78 Vs 108)
and because i do so much VR now a days , I see this more ?

Soldato
That would certainly be a factor, but in the photo you posted, the text under the gaming heading is much worse than the network option, which is a bit strange, unless it's just the photo

Soldato
Open the Radeon software -> Settings -> Display, top setting is "Adaptive Sync Compatible", make sure that's enabled.

Then go to the Gaming page and click the game you want to test it in - on the right hand side, under the "Display" section, there should be an "AMD FreeSync" setting, if you can set that to "AMD optimized" then that should do it.

If the monitor has an FPS counter built in, then you can easily check it's working by enabling the FPS counter in both the monitor and in the Radeon software* - if the monitor FPS changes up and down to match the software FPS then it's working

* Performance -> Overlay -> Enable "Show Metrics Overlay"

Underboss
OP
Open the Radeon software -> Settings -> Display, top setting is "Adaptive Sync Compatible", make sure that's enabled.

Then go to the Gaming page and click the game you want to test it in - on the right hand side, under the "Display" section, there should be an "AMD FreeSync" setting, if you can set that to "AMD optimized" then that should do it.

If the monitor has an FPS counter built in, then you can easily check it's working by enabling the FPS counter in both the monitor and in the Radeon software* - if the monitor FPS changes up and down to match the software FPS then it's working

* Performance -> Overlay -> Enable "Show Metrics Overlay"

cheers

i will take a look later

Back
Top Bottom