1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My big facial scar !!! Gimme some simpathy lol - gruesome frankenstein pic inside !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boomstick, 29 May 2006.

1. Boomstick

Hitman

Long story short I had a tumor (benign) growing on my saliva gland under my right ear believe to have been caused by having a telephone pressed against the side of my head for 8 hours a day everyday for months (tech support)

I first noticed the lump around 12 months ago and its taken this long for the NHS to get round to cutting it out :( It made me deaf in my right ear for about 6 months as the tumor grew and pressed against my ear. That wouldnt have been so bad if I then didnt go on to suffer an ear infection in the other ear for 2 months making me almost totally deaf.

I was in surgery for 5 hours because the tumour was wrapped around my facial nerves which spread out from underneath the ear. There was real risk of me losing some control over my face in the area but luckily I seem to be ok just a little stiff necked and numb.

I went in at 8am on friday and left on sunday at 11:30. I spent two nights with a bottle hanging from my face draining the blood from the wound.
    The tumor was believed to be about the size of a golf ball and as such I now have a dent under my ear lobe from where it used to be.

I have 10 staples and stitches holding my face together after being sliced from inside my ear all the way down the side of my neck. They had to do this so that they could peel back my skin and unwrap the delicate facial nerves from the tumor.

It hasnt been overly painful as my ear has been almost totally numb since I woke up from the anasthetic but im assured that when I do regain feeling it will hurt like hell lol.

I have extra strong pain killers ready for that though, the kind that send you loopy with halucinations and knock you out cold for hours ... YAY !!!

Anyway heres the pics of me and the bottle that they attached to me for 48 hours, gimme some simpathy lol I need it..... facial scars are sexy right lol ??

I will leave you with the thoughts of my brother whos first comment on seeing me was ..... "Bloody hell Rich it looks like youve been glassed !!!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Arcade Fire

Banned

IT'S ALIVE!!!

3. cymatty

Capodecina

Looking good. :eek: :p

PS get well soon. :)

Last edited: 29 May 2006
  4. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

Staples on a facial incision? I'd have thought that they'd use something a bit finer to minimize the size of the scar.

5. Six6siX

Mobster

Where's the scar? :p

Seriously, though. Wow. :eek:

6. Boomstick

Hitman

They said staples suited my skin type better than stitches

7. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

Well I'm sure you're not a fan of it but having a big impressive scar is a hell of a lot better than going deaf or worse. :)

8. MasterMike

Banned

Niiiice!

Get well soon mate :) That's an impressive bit of work there, tell chicks you got it battling a person of lower moral stature, or something.

9. bledd

Don

get well soon mate, the only way is up now!

10. Six6siX

Mobster

No, no no! He got it fighting 17 and a half savage lions with burning flames for eyes who were trying to attack his family, then he rescued a little girl who had fallen in a well somehow, helped someone finish The Times crossword (it was a particularly difficult one) and then tripped over on the way home... :D

11. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

All the best on your recovery. :)

12. matthew_o50

Mobster

I'm sure the scars will heal in no time. Best of luck mate. I hope that it's not too painful. :)

13. Acrotomophilia

Capodecina

get well soon boomstick :). I hope your not in to much pain :( but at least your have some pretty nurse at your beck and call ;) :D .

14. Stellios

Capodecina

Dont worry, you look as sexeh as ever ;)

Get well soon matey.

15. Spacky

PermaBanned

Those two pictures look linked, is your head connected to a tube and your body replaced by a bottle...guess no loving for you mister lol :D

PS after all that randomness, get well and all the best...looks nasty

16. Mint_Sauce

Mobster

Oooooh niiice, I had something similar - when I was around 12 years old I got cancer in my saliva gland. They cut it out and I had one of those draining things in it which was nice, looks a lot like yours. Lost a little feeling under my chin and on the inside of my leg (another area they cut out) but I don't notice it.

Good luck, the NHS can really suck sometimes (waiting times, blood poisining due to bad stitches etc) but I'm thankful to them I'm not dead now. ;)

You'll have a cool scar though! I just got a white patch where my beard doesn't grow :(

17. Spacky

PermaBanned

:eek:

Ouch!

18. Youstolemyname

Soldato

all the best in your recovery mate. Get yourself some vitamin c oil to reduce the scarring if you can

19. Stretch

Capodecina

Ribena, yum :p

Hope it all heals up nicely.

20. ElvisFan

Mobster

It seems there's a cockroach walking near the scar :D