My big facial scar !!! Gimme some simpathy lol - gruesome frankenstein pic inside !!

Associate
Probably a long shot, but from what you have said this appears to be an industrial industry. Have you taken any legal advice to determine if your old employer is liable? From your comments about not providing heasets, it sounds like the company did not give you safe equipment?

Caporegime
Aieee, extra gross points go to you for that damn insect-thing on your neck! :eek:

Sounds like you've had it rough though, hope you get back to 100% soon. :)

Associate
OP
peter_hutson said:
Probably a long shot, but from what you have said this appears to be an industrial industry. Have you taken any legal advice to determine if your old employer is liable? From your comments about not providing heasets, it sounds like the company did not give you safe equipment?

Its not worth the hassel to me, im not going to be taking any action over this.

Big Chris:
No hearings not back to normal yet as my ear is still swolen

Richdog:
That "insect" is a series of stitches holding the tube onto my skin. The idea was that when the stitches were cut the tube would easily fall out however things didnt go to plan and it had to be yanked out due to it having formed a vacuum sucking in my skin. That was the most painful part of all of this, certainly made my eyes water lol

Man of Honour
Nice, you do realise that that a gert big scar will make you more attractive to the laydeez. :)

What's with the tube out your neck, drain the brain? :p

Permabanned
I hope you don't think I'm trying to be nasty when I say this. But be prepared for people looking at you, like you're from another planet.

I had a bad face wound, and I had to walk around with almost one half of my face bandaged up (I can dig up a pic, if you like). The amount of people who looked at me, as though I was a different species was amazing. :eek::(

The scar will heal in time. Mine is a very pale pink (almost white) colour.

Soldato
sweet scar dude.

sounds like a very successful op, nice one. No doubt it'll hurt, but it'll be worth it mate
icon14.gif

Associate
OP
AJUK said:
Nice, you do realise that that a gert big scar will make you more attractive to the laydeez. :)

What's with the tube out your neck, drain the brain? :p

The tube was to drain off excess blood from inside the wound to prevent clots and the possibility of another lump forming from the collected blood.
It drained off about 70ml of blood in 48 hours

Its alright basmic, I am prepared for people to stare, its only natural. I will feel more comfortable about it next week though when the staples have been removed.

Permabanned
Boomstick said:
Its alright basmic, I am prepared for people to stare, its only natural. I will feel more comfortable about it next week though when the staples have been removed.
It was probably the fact that I looked like a half-bound mummy they stared, TBH. But I was adament that nobody was going to get in my way, and stop me living my life as normal.

Soldato
Boomsticks future chatup line:-

so i was bogged down with my unit in northern Iraq, intel was all wrong and we found ourselves hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned.the only chance we had was to dig in and try to survive the inevitable firefight.we fought with all our might but even so the sheer firepower of the enemy began to whittle down my squad.we were scared out of our minds but we knew we had to keep fighting or we were all lost.i was reloading and took a round in the neck, i swear if my hoppo charlie hadn't been there to help me back up i'd have taken another round.fear took over and all i could do was grit my teeth,shut my eyes and hold the trigger down until the "click" of my empty magazine was audible.when i stopped hyperventilating and opened my eyes all i could see was a mass of enemy bodies...and only Charlie and me were left from our squad.a field medic patched me back together as you can see but at least i lived to fight another day
<cue deep and meaningful pause>
it's something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

followed by but i don't want to talk about it,hehe. :p

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Hope you recover ok mate :)

Did you keep the tumour? Am I a bit wierd asking that? Just that I would be interested to see what it was like...

Spose they cut it out in pieces though.

BB x

Associate
OP
Trinity said:
Hope you recover ok mate :)

Did you keep the tumour? Am I a bit wierd asking that? Just that I would be interested to see what it was like...

Spose they cut it out in pieces though.

BB x

No i didnt even get to see it, they sent it off to be looked at to make sure that it was definately benign. Quite disapointed not to have seen what it was though lol

Back
Top Bottom