My big facial scar !!! Gimme some simpathy lol - gruesome frankenstein pic inside !!

Soldato
I think its pretty extreme, it adds character you can look a real hard man now, say you got into a fight with 30 other chinese black belt ninjas!

Make sure you sue the hell outta anyone you can :)

Associate
main thing is they have not screwed up your facial nerve braches or you would have a permanent scowl on that side - if you can smile you are grand!

nice neat job imho

i would be asking them for the path report though as it will give you [and google] a chance to see about recurrance rates etc

pleomorphic adenoma is what you hope it is :)

Associate
OP
encephalopathy said:
main thing is they have not screwed up your facial nerve braches or you would have a permanent scowl on that side - if you can smile you are grand!

nice neat job imho

i would be asking them for the path report though as it will give you [and google] a chance to see about recurrance rates etc

pleomorphic adenoma is what you hope it is :)

Thanks for that ive been trying to remember that name all weekend "pleomorphic adenoma" is what the surgeon keeps telling me it is.

Update for this morning - Its really now begining to hurt a lot as the feeling comes back to me ear and face. I still cant hear out of it though :(

Soldato
Boomstick said:
believe to have been caused by having a telephone pressed against the side of my head for 8 hours a day everyday for months (tech support)

If you could prove this you can have a claim against you employer who should have provided you a headset!

HEADRAT

Permabanned
Eeppp I hope t all heals well and your hearing getsback to normal and everything!!

And I hope it goes well for your mum BlackStar! They arnt the nicest of procedures to have done but once all the healing has happened, usually, the improvement seen makes it all more than worth it!

Associate
I have the exact same thing that you described, a very small lump in my gland under my left ear, my girlfriend said it would just be a swollen gland but this thread has just made me mega worried. :( .

Hope your recovery is ok, i better get to the docs.

Associate
Hope you get well soon mate.

I had a tumor removed from my foot a couple of months back - It was a collection of blood vessells, consultant thinks it might have been from impact while playing football (or bad fitting football boots)

i can now kick a ball again, and hope to be running soon! :)

Soldato
Good luck with your recovery.

I suck for scarring, prone to keloid (I think) scars so any I get stay quite visible and largish for ages. Adds character though, and good topics to talk about :) Plus as they say "chicks dig scars" :D

Associate
OP
Mellownatts said:
I have the exact same thing that you described, a very small lump in my gland under my left ear, my girlfriend said it would just be a swollen gland but this thread has just made me mega worried. :( .

Hope your recovery is ok, i better get to the docs.

Go get it checked out mate, sooner the better.
They wont do you any harm if its benign they just get bigger and bigger until they block your hearing like mine did. But they can be cancerous so get it checked out !!

Mine wasnt very small though it was golf ball sized after growing for 12 months....

Im not one for kicking up a fuss and sueing employers, american culture at its worst if you ask me. Its just something im not prepared to do. Ive moved on, my life is going really well right now (despite being made redundant last week) Im happier than ive been for a long time so I dont want the hassel of sueing someone in my life right now. Im just glad that the tumor has finally been sorted.

Back
Top Bottom