My car has been modded

Soldato
Had to happen at some stage I suppose, not too sure how many horses I've got extra yet but the engines seems to purring along nicely. Main problem at the mo is that I've not found a way to disable the mod :(

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

The story, heard a cat meowing all last night and this morning. Wife on her way to work says the noise is coming from your car so be careful as there's a cat under your car. Got my son to check on his way to school, no cat but I could still hear it meowing so went outside to investigate. Couldn't see the cat but could hear it so opened up the hood to be greeted with a kitty face peering at me.

The kitten isn't stuck as shown in the next picture but it refuses to leave, so you can coax it out, my neighbour gave it some milk and even took it across the road but as soon as the milk finished it darted back into the engine bay. Rang the RSCPA who said as the kitten isn't stuck they won't come out and nobody knows whose kitten it is. Not too sure what to do except ring the RSPCA up again and tell a small fib?

IMAG0076.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
When i had an astra a cat used to sit on the engine, hair everywhere. It actually chewed through a pipe but vauxhall replaced it ^^ (the pipe not the cat)

Soldato
If knocking on doors hasn't yielded any results, and the RSPCA don't want to know (I'm liking this organisation less and less) then maybe speak to your local animal shelter?

Soldato
OP
Too early for a bin joke?

Poor kitty, looks lost, or really likes cars!

Funny you should say that but yesterday afternoon some old biddy wandered onto our driveway and looked in our blue bin. I was in the office, heard a noise and then saw her walking back off the drive with her dog. My immediate reaction was, bitch has put dog turd in my bin or her dog has **** on my drive. She then crossed the road over to accompany her husband who also had a dog, they kept looking back but carried on on their way. I reckon little pussy-kins was meowing like hell and the old biddy thought better check the bin. :)

Soldato
OP
If knocking on doors hasn't yielded any results, and the RSPCA don't want to know (I'm liking this organisation less and less) then maybe speak to your local animal shelter?

The RSPCA were more interested in trying to get a donation off me over the phone. To be fair they did say they'd record the kitty in case somebody rang up but at the mo I dare not use my car.

Soldato
Funny you should say that but yesterday afternoon some old biddy wandered onto our driveway and looked in our blue bin. I was in the office, heard a noise and then saw her walking back off the drive with her dog. My immediate reaction was, bitch has put dog turd in my bin or her dog has **** on my drive. She then crossed the road over to accompany her husband who also had a dog, they kept looking back but carried on on their way. I reckon little pussy-kins was meowing like hell and the old biddy thought better check the bin. :)

No, no. The little old lady put turd in your bin. I do it all the time with our lasses parents dog turds. Makes me feel proper badass!

Associate
Get some tinned tuna in brine on the go.
That kitten will be outta there like a shot.

Bring kitten into the house, contact vet, get it scanned for a sub-dermal ID chip.

Soldato
Get some tinned tuna in brine on the go.
That kitten will be outta there like a shot.

Bring kitten into the house, contact vet, get it scanned for a sub-dermal ID chip.

this :)

at my parents house, pretty much any car we had that had access to the engine bay from underneath would have the cats jumping up in there to keep warm. not house cats but more feral cats my mum fed a few times and then they just hang around :p

the cat (s) had been doing it from as long as i remember. i remember our first cat when i must have been about 5/6.... it was sat on the engine of my mums realllllyyyyy old ford fiesta..... when they used to have exposed V-belts on the side and one morning my mum starting up the car and there was a god awful noise.... cat had lost half it's tail to the belt.... survived and lived a long and happy life.... didn't go back on the engine again tho xD poor kitty.

edit: these pics are crying out for some big bold text on them along the lines of "I iz in ur engine bay....mappin ur tubroz" or something :p

Last edited:
Don
You need a decat.

Frantically scrolled through hoping I would be the first to say this..

You could take it to the vet and ask them to scan for an ID chip, I'd imagine a kennel would have these facilities too if it's closer.

Besides putting up some 'found kitten' posters, there's little more you can do. Either adopt it or call Cat Action Trust, they will take it off your hands. We had our cat as a rescue kitten from Cat Action Trust

-edit, or just dump it in a wheelie bin, but film it first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom