My current thinking with cars. Am I being a moron?

Soldato
You could sell the BM and get a new Fabia vRS, which is completely different , but it's cheaper to run, insure, service and you get the warranty. They're quick to 60 , too.

Just a thought.

IS this a serious suggestion? Are you really suggesting he goes and sells the nice wafty luxurious 7 series and go out and buy a small, crashy, unrefined boy racer car?

On a serious note a do believe Kia offer a fantastic warranty on their range of cars...

Soldato
IS this a serious suggestion? Are you really suggesting he goes and sells the nice wafty luxurious 7 series and go out and buy a small, crashy, unrefined boy racer car?

On a serious note a do believe Kia offer a fantastic warranty on their range of cars...

aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

Associate
If you live in the same Twyford as me, I just had a mental image of someone with a big smiley face going through the crossroads in his 7 series, then the next day the same person looking seriously unhappy in the vRS.

I'm losing my marbles.

Soldato
And meanwhile in the real world it will feel like an absolutely massive downgrade to somebody who is used to driving a nice cars, and picked a nice car at a significant premium for a reason.

That may be, but will it have the OP feeling like Rock Bottom? I sincerely doubt it. He may prefer the BMW but having to take a Ford Mondeo will have no negative effects what so ever and nothing meaningful will have changed in his life because of it, it will also allow him to have the chance to own a car that is entertaining to drive.

Soldato
You could sell the BM and get a new Fabia vRS, which is completely different , but it's cheaper to run, insure, service and you get the warranty. They're quick to 60 , too.

Just a thought.

You could sell the BM and get a new Hand Glider, which is completely different , but it's cheaper to run, insure, service and you get the warranty. They're quick to 60 , too.

Just a thought.

Associate
It sounds like you need to go on a track day to get the fun-car itchy feet thing out of your system. If you spend all week being deafened on the motorway by a mondeo, the last thing you'll want to do is climb into your low-slung, crashy sports car for the weekend.

Keep the 7 and run it into the ground like Jez has done with his S class. You've paid cash so it doesn't owe you anything, and just suck up the bills at an indy. Then when your fixing pot has mounted up after the 7 breaking less than you thought, you'll actually feel like jumping into an S111 elise at the weekends.

Man of Honour
By buying Falken you're getting tyres on a par with Goodyear or Dunlop.

Errr, no you are not.

Falken are in a manufacturing partnership with Goodyear, they have shares in each other and both companies jointly own Dunlop (75% goodyear, 25% Sumitomo (Falken)). Their R&D is shared. They even manufacture under license for each other. If you buy Goodyear in Japan, they are made by Sumitomo and if you buy Falkens, they come from the same factories as those eastern Goodyears. The compounds and tread patterns may be different, as they are between different models from the same brand, but the manufacturing quality is the same.[/quote]

The products are different and thats what matters - unless you are going to try and argue that because a Seat Ibiza is made by VW it's pretty much a Phaeton?

Soldato
It sounds like you need to go on a track day to get the fun-car itchy feet thing out of your system. If you spend all week being deafened on the motorway by a mondeo, the last thing you'll want to do is climb into your low-slung, crashy sports car for the weekend.

What planet do some of you live on? Recently I spend a couple of hours in an Exige S on the motorway to no detriment what so ever, how on earth are you coping with day to day life if a Mondeo "deafens" you.

Soldato
Ignore the 25,000 boring miles in the Mondy and focus on the 10,000 fun ones you'll have in the 350Z!

Except that in reality, 9,000 of those miles will be driving to the shops or wherever in everyday conditions where you will be stuck in a cramped two seater plastic Nissan with an uncomfortable ride.

So with my man maths that goes from 35,000 of pure unadulterated (if slightly boring) comfort in the 7, to 25,000 reasonably comfortable very boring unrefined miles in a Mondeo, 9,000 uncomfortable miles in a 350z, and 1,000 fun miles where you spend most of the time fending off the advances of spotty teenagers wanting to race you in their Glanza Turbozzzz.

Id be keeping the 7 :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Excuse the sperging, but my graph kind of conclusively proves that having two cars is having better than one. Mods please close the thread now.

onfu5.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom