1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My daughters miniature garden

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darreny, May 20, 2019.

1. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

Thats awesome that shes got in to gardening.

2. dirtychinchilla

Sgarrista

I voted for all of them...I felt bad seeing how we had boosted the votes. Some poor kid is going to get absolutely trashed.

3. Schlong&Stable

Mobster

Is it not a bit dishonourable and tacky to get the vote for a nursery competition brigaded by the general public to boost your own kids chances of winning?

4. subbytna

Sgarrista

I understand proud dad (I'm one too) but I'd let it be an even vote by not posting on here to get people to vote. Hope your wee chick wins though :)

5. darreny

Mobster

Yeah, the other parents did it so I couldn't let my little one feel like she got none

6. darreny

Mobster

If it had been even from the start it would have been fine. I hope she wins too she was so proud

7. MrRockliffe

Mobster

Role models that evidence the power of networking

8. Schlong&Stable

Mobster

Fair enough, I understand the sentiment. But whoever got the ball rolling on that made the whole thing very sad.

9. wellsy

Gangster

:D

10. chaparral

Capodecina

11. Minstadave

Capodecina

It is indeed.

12. darreny

Mobster

13. darreny

Mobster

To be honest there's a little more to it than that, parents don't seem to engage in things like this anymore and if it was just left to people who follow the nursery there would barely be any votes at all.
    When they do the christmas party and put up a list of the food they'd like parents to bring in only about 3 in 10 parents actually bother, I don't know if this is down to financial reasons tho so those 3 end up doing it all.

+ I want my daughter to win :D

14. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

For a photo competition, Facebook doesn't do it justice because it sizes them down.

You need to be using something like Wordpress, Flickr or deviantART which will let you upload the full res and leaves you with a largely unedited file.

Also, you can get a Canon G1X Mark I (2012 model) buy it now for £175. Mark I is still a decent spec with a 1.5" sensor which is higher than four-thirds format.

Edit: you might want to ask the Dons to move your thread to the photography section. You'll get better answers from the bods there on camera models, photo composition, what sites to upload to etc.

15. d_brennen

Capodecina

It's a nursery dude. My little one's nursery did nearly all their computing and photography on iPads

16. Blackjack Davy

Mobster

Can you actually view anything without faceache? Won't let me see anything without insisting I hand over my personal details (not a chance)