My Dell 24" monitor just exploded !!!

Soldato
WHAT THE HELL !! it made this huge poping noise and a 'sizzle' noise... :eek: and just cut off, i tried another power cable and bloody sparks flew out the back, what the hells going on ? how long is dells warrenty normally ? its about 4 years old :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh my.

Do you have the original order info or invoice (possibly online) available so you can determine exactly when you bought it and from who?

Also, which monitor model do you have?

Recently dell have been offering 3 years warranty with their monitors - however I have seen times and models where they offered longer. Even if it is out of warranty it is well worth calling dell up and see if they can help you - even if it is a paid-for repair.

P.S. Pics plz :)

Soldato
Correct. The CCFL bulbs in them don't last forever, just like incandescent lightbulbs. 5 years sounds about right before they start conking out under normal daily home use.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
eeek my 2405 has just gone pop as well :(

Question is what to replace it i have no idea on monitors tbh.

Soldato
I'm guessing you all (3 reports I've read here in the past 24 hours) purchased at about the same time and perhaps use your monitors a similar amount (daily)? I'd take a look at the U2410 myself if you're up for spending a similar amount of money but want an absolutely corking monitor.

Soldato
Most likely culprits are the power supply or inverter, this is why I prefer LED backlit screens, less to go wrong.

Saying that, I have a 2405, I think I may open her up and check the caps to be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom