my dual 360 rads in my 800d are finished

Associate
so 2 weeks after deciding on the kit for my first watercooled set up it has evolved into this and I am very happy at least until the credit card bill arrives:p
P1020075.jpg

P1020077.jpg

P1020094.jpg

P1020092.jpg

P1020088.jpg

Associate
Looks Great, Really nice job and colour scheme.

Gotta say though a motherboard as nice as that needs to be accompanied by a Chipset block. xD

"Damn the expense!" :p

Really nice build though would love to see some Temps. =]

Associate
OP
Looks Great, Really nice job and colour scheme.

Gotta say though a motherboard as nice as that needs to be accompanied by a Chipset block. xD

"Damn the expense!" :p

Really nice build though would love to see some Temps. =]

yep, mobo block is the next thing, ioh hit 68 when testing 4.2, gotta love the ROG connect
and yeah "damn the expense":p

Associate
Spot on that mate!!! I hope mine will look somewhere near! Ive gone for the 2 rs triples and new as well. Figured it best as its gonna be for the long haul this case. What is the gpu your running?

Associate
OP
Spot on that mate!!! I hope mine will look somewhere near! Ive gone for the 2 rs triples and new as well. Figured it best as its gonna be for the long haul this case. What is the gpu your running?

did u measure your PSU ? mine is 150mm long so has 30mm clearance to rad

GPU is a 5970, with the airfan on it looks like a beast and weighed 1000g, but the air fan weighed 830g, without it it doesnt look much for the money:p
looking forward to turning it up

Associate
OP
Now that i DOOOOOO like! i like that a lot. Very simple but clean and pretty.

Nice job with cable management.

Do you have two loops or dual rads single loop?

Looking good! Chipset block required though, and at least one more GPU. :p

What's the spec of it?

changed my sig to include spec :)

I think these have just come down in price for me
WC-070-EK_400.jpg

Associate
OP
I'd do away with the red spirals and use black tubing. Looks good though.

yep, hard to decide, I hoped the spiral would stiffen the tube cos it is quite a long straight run to the top pump and it sags a bit.

But there is a lot of black in there already and I have to leave something to fiddle with later

Associate
OP
any chance you could go into more detail.

perhaps show us how you put the rad in the bottom?

Lots of people seem to remove both sides of the lower hdd to fit a rad in the bottom of the case, then the shelf above the PSU droops.

I wanted to fit a 120.3 in the bottom cos
1. hadnt seen anyone else do it
2. I bought a RS360 for the top but wanted to change it to a deeper rad and hated to waste it
3. seemed like it would balance the triple fan outtake at the top
4. the space was wasted

first plan was to cut a hole and mount a grill over it. So off with the feet

P1010951.jpg

drill off 3 rivets on the front

P1010947.jpg

and grind off 1 rivet on the top of the HDD cage ( which was a bit tricky and I scuffed my paint )

P1010948.jpg

put the grill on to mark out holes

P1010954.jpg

I was planning to mount the rad in the middle of the bottom of the case at this point and marked the mounting holes before drilling...
I put the fan in to just have a look and realised if I mounted it just off centre it would fit perfectly against the HDD cage and the mount screws for the rad lined up with holes in the bottom grill

P1010960.jpg

I was a bit nervous about making the first cut, so I screwed up the rad to look at how to mount the grill ;

P1010961.jpg

Instead of cutting a hole, I thought why not use the grill as a template for drilling 200 holes ?

Associate
OP
a couple of battery charges later my drill was blunt....
P1010964.jpg

then to support the shelf, I snipped and bent the cage
P1010996-1.jpg

P1010997.jpg

I put a couple of screws where the rivets had been and it worked.

The rad fans can now blow thru the HDD bay, but as I only have 2 SSds I am not worried about the heat.

I mounted the second pump where it would let me add another GPU if I need to, but I want to test it out under water first

Back
Top Bottom