My get fit log - cardo primarily with a little free weights.

Soldato
Well I've started my 2016 oddessy back to being fit again. January saw a good start with zero alcohol, drop in sugars and one cup of coffee in the morning..

Using a polar HR monitor, my resting HR is about 80 which given my build of 6'4 and 13st8 is not good infact it's very bad. Simple lifting set of a 6Kg dumbbell increases it to over 100. Yes. I am that unfit - partly sitting on my ass for the year doing job applications and not taking the hour todo some exercise. I used to deadlift 140-160Kg at uni, weighing 75Kg with a 28" waist! Plan is doing this every day with the HR and getting back to my 2007/8 resting heart rate of 42 when measured for a gym after kick boxing.

Just setup the old MTB on the static trainer in the garage after making space yesterday.

Day 1. Including warm up - 20 minutes @ 155 HR, setting 3 on the trainer resist and medium rate (middle ring and middle set on the set at the back).
Legs burned during session, have that exercised exhausted legs feel which is good to start with. Idea is to get the system ready for more exercise including all the support muscles.

Soldato
OP
Well finally back attempting to get fit.

Day 1 - treadmill - 30 minutes on a program including a portion of the run at 12kmh with variable inclines and speeds. 3909 steps done. RHR is 60 yesterday, today 65. High so far 165.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Good for you and welcome to the blogs!

Thank you! I've been doing a 1 day on and two days off initially. I walk a mile each way from london waterloo to work every day so this is on top.

I've been using a Forerunner 235 too - seems my sleep patterns have improved too.

Soldato
OP
I suppose this is an update now I'm back in the UK :)

The GPS on the watch finally managed to lock on given the space.. started at the bottom.. bike ride!
9e8m9pHoubp8J4oo7-fH4iWAzn0eT89iETsq9tEID8RBDLqNX_vAQ5LOBNffvdQR4STXxBSzpIkv6gZQ_YJIRV0cWotz1EkbuQPr=w798-h407-no

Also spent the week walking around manhattan, did I say walking... I mean at least 20 miles! We used the tube twice in the whole trip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom