My Home Town

Associate
I live about 35 miles from where I grew up. Don't miss home whatsoever.

I've got a job interview like 250 miles away coming up next week so I'm evidently happy to move about.

Soldato
I currently live about 130 miles from where i grew up, i still visit and still have friends there. I do miss it but probably wouldn't move back there. chances are, i may end up about 12,000 miles away in the next 10 years.

Associate
I still live in my home town (Newcastle). I like it. Nice mix of good historic and quirky modern architecture. Bit rough but certainly characterful. Good night out, plenty of shops. Many completely different and interesting areas outside of the city centre. Short drive away from countryside and beaches (latter can also be accessed by the Metro light-rail system, as can the airport). Always plenty of stuff going on and almost everywhere interesting is within walking distance. Capital and major hub of the North East of England. Cheap place to live and with good living standards for a modest outlay. 10 minute train ride to Durham which is beautiful. It's not the best place in the world, I'm sure, but I've been to lots of other cities and none of them would tempt me away, not saying they were worse, just nothing would compel me to move away at this point (although if I could speak Dutch I'd be tempted to move to Amsterdam!).

Soldato
I still live in my home town (Newcastle). I like it. Nice mix of good historic and quirky modern architecture. Bit rough but certainly characterful. Good night out, plenty of shops. Many completely different and interesting areas outside of the city centre. Short drive away from countryside and beaches (latter can also be accessed by the Metro light-rail system, as can the airport). Always plenty of stuff going on and almost everywhere interesting is within walking distance. Capital and major hub of the North East of England. Cheap place to live and with good living standards for a modest outlay. 10 minute train ride to Durham which is beautiful. It's not the best place in the world, I'm sure, but I've been to lots of other cities and none of them would tempt me away, not saying they were worse, just nothing would compel me to move away at this point (although if I could speak Dutch I'd be tempted to move to Amsterdam!).

Newcastle is awesome. Been there 3 years, love the city

Associate
I lived in Newcastle for a while, agreed it's a great place - only annoyance I found was the tide of stag/hen parties washing in over the weekends.

I now live about 20mins from my home town and work in the city I was born in.

Soldato
I still live within 2 miles from where I was born. :eek:

Nan round corner, Mum up the road. Friends and acquaintances less than a bus ride away. :D

80% of all the family within a bus ride away. ;)

Man of Honour
Despite moving around a bit and living almost as much away from the town I spent 2/3rds of my childhood in as living there - I've never felt as comfortable anywhere else for some reason - beyond just being the place I grew up - it just has a balance I've not found elsewhere - not too busy but not too quiet, reasonably low crime, not too close to anywhere too built up but at the same time good transport links to nearby cities, etc.

Soldato

Love Newcastle, if i do move from where i am i will go to either Newcastle or York. I love my job though so i won't move yet.

Associate
Born in Cambridge, grew up down the road in Saffron Walden, left at 18 to go traveling then university in Edinburgh, now been living in Taiwan for nearly 3 years. Nothing really left in Walden for me to go back to, though I like visiting Cambridge when I go back to the UK.

jkb

jkb

Associate
I live about 10 miles from the town in which I was born and raised. I also spend a lot of time in Madrid hence I also have a place there.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm from Ipswich, but I moved out when I was 18 to go to Uni. I go back now and then to see my parents and am struck at how quiet and small it is. It's quite nice in some ways... sure the town centre might be a bit rubbish and there's not much to do but London is so intense sometimes that having a break is good.

Back
Top Bottom