My Invention

Caporegime
It uses the barcode - how would it know the difference between a kilo of gold, and a kilo of no-frills potatoes otherwise? :p

You swipe with a barcode putting the food in you trolley, when you pay you just go to the a special checkout and the trolley is weighed to verify that the contents is correct..

Soldato
Simple idea is too simple.

Barcode everything, customers scan items themselves with scanner on the trolley.

Image recognition hard/soft-ware in the trolley to ensure coded item is actually the one placed in the basket.

No flexibility allowed, packaged items only.

All you'd need then is someone with a taser to keep certain people from running off with your expensive trolleys, dumping them in a canal or stealing them for the hardware.

Normal stainless steel wire trolleys aren't cheap to start with mind you.

Man of Honour
This is an idea not an invention. I suggest if you ever have another idea, just in case it is a good one, you keep it to yourself and flesh it out before blurting it out on a public forum:p

Soldato
Saw this on a tv programme not too long ago. It was one of those bbc4 ones with the chinese scientist I think talking about ubiquitous computing and the future. He said in a x number of years it would be possible to manufacture chips so cheaply that the OPs idea (RFID packaging on food, not licking things) would be possible.

He was also talking about the possibility of having a household machine which would fabricate any object you wanted by building it atom by atom.

Back
Top Bottom