My K7 gsxr 1000.

Soldato
Honest opinion coming – I really liked the bike before you started :(

I can totally respect what you have done, that’s a great deal of love, time and money poured into your baby, but there’s just far too much carbon fibre, it looks odd now. Personally I think c/f has its place when modifying a bike, but in small amounts.

The parts themselves look like real high quality, that nose cone for example looks great, but I still cannot help think how much better it looked standard…

If the carbon parts were painted up, maybe back to standard livery, and an Akrapovic carbon Evo can fitted, I personally think it would look 10x better than how it sits now.

Edit: maybe leave that nose cone as bare carbon :D

Last edited:
Soldato
For a minute there I thought this would be a good thread, then I remembered this is OCUK and someone has posted up a fast bike.

Rear plate illegal surely?

Thanks for pointing out a single, highly important topic to discuss here.
Why would you care about that? Does he contribute in anyway to making your life worse by running a smaller rear number plate? No.

Nice bike, shame about the way it's driven
He's posted videos of him acting like a complete tool on it before - wound a few people up and the thread got locked pretty quickly

Coz we all drive bikes don't we... He's posted some shots of him riding his bike and having fun on it. Do you overclock your PC so you can play solitaire on it? No.

Just wondering what these mods have done to your track lap times ?

I see what did you there. Very clever. :rolleyes:
Does he need to achieve a certain laptime for you to deem it ok to mod his bike how he wants to? No.

Troll elsewhere.

I've ridden a gixxer 750 with quickshifter and it's a very weird feeling, but the rate of acceleration you can maintain is crazy

Just my opinion but I personally find clutchless shifts fast enough with a serious cash saving :) Also would never get used to reverse shifts - not that you necessarily have to run it like that.

Anyway to the OP, ignore the above muppets. Nice bike. I pesonally think you've gone so far with the carbon theme, that it's hard to make it look good unless you get the entire tank done in carbon. Then it would look better imo.
Enjoy it and continue to ride it properly. :)

Associate
OP
I couldn't resist, Winging it's way from California.

375274347_o.jpg

369932313_o.jpg

369932317_o.jpg

Associate
OP
Re-fitted the tank.

Next to do is,
-fit the new black tankpad ( with white GSXR logo)
-refit the white rear indicator pods
-smoke tint the front indicators
-Stomp Grips
-Awaiting arrival of the carbon side panels to remove the remaining blue panels)
-Fit white GSXR logo's to said panels.
-Velocoty Stacks
-Remap
-Well... you know me, **** knows what's going to be next lol

38298_10150222354265212_671540211_13760383_6903761_n.jpg

35216_10150222353850212_671540211_13760361_419662_n.jpg

Associate
Tot up all those receipts and you could probably buy an 1198S! :D (Still, very nice :))

In fact, about how much has this project cost you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom