My last day at my current job, and I get the best leaving present ever!

Soldato
Leaving presents rock. I worked for the Coventry Building Society for 2ish years during 6th form and they gave me a £20 HMV voucher when i left. Thing is, i worked for two of their branches where and when i was needed as i lived directly between them... i got £20 from each branch! Kudos to them! I was :D

Don
Davey_Pitch said:
I finish my current job today at 12:30 (start my new job on Monday), and today we had a leaving presentation for me. A large number of people showed up, which was really nice, and I was given a card and present. The card seems to have been signed by nearly 100 people (they needed an extra sheet to fit everyone on), and I opened the present to find a brand new Sony PSP! That's about a good a present as I could have wished for. Now I just need to go and buy some games for it! :D

Thats so cool, I know that the best that I can hope for is a book :(

Stelly

Soldato
hehehehehehe my last job i left i got about £40 (not bad considerin it only really went around the admin dept of about 10 ppl)

what was funny about it is i get a phonecall from my bosses boss the same day and they have another position for me doing pretty much the same thing but for a different department... so i never actually left the uni and was at work bright and early monday for my new job with £40 just for moving departments :D

Soldato
daveyj27 said:
Good going OP, it's nice to see some appreciation isn't it? :cool:

On my 18th birthday (long time ago) the company I was working for at the time chipped together and bought me a new Hohner Les Paul copy. It's a shame it wasn't a Gibson, but it was a lovely gesture nonetheless and the axe turned out to be one of the best LP copies i've ever come across (I still have it, and I still love it).

wow, i have a hohner les paul copy, they are fantastic guitars :) Much prefer it to the epiphone les pauls too. Here's it next to me '88 fender strat

myguitars.jpg

[back on topic]

That's a really nice gesture by them guys :o When i left my last job I didn't even get a card :(

Tom.

Soldato
That is indeed an excellent present. Reminds me of when my friends got me a DS for my 18th. It was a really good present because it's something I use and really enjoy but something I probably would never have got round to buying for myself. Plus it was a complete surprise which I haven't had in a long time.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Really nice of them :) Bet you feel really pleased that you were that appreciated there.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
And to top the day off, we went the pub for our weekly lunch as usual, and when the guy who runs it found out I was leaving he let me have my drink and meal on the house :D

Lucky you! After all of that treatment its going to seem all down hill from now :p ;)

Back
Top Bottom