My mate has no luck with my old M3

Soldato
As some of you remember a little while ago my mate stacked my old M3 and after 5ks worth of work she was back to A1 condition

He spent ages scratch building a car pc with touchscreen cat nav wireless internet, music you name it it had it. It was so good he is being intervieed my Huets a renowned local car ice installing company for a job.

Then a week ago someone smashed his rear quater window and took the side seat panel that sits between the side card and the seat. He was glad thats all they took due to all the kit installed (albiet hidden) in his car.

But they cam back...

A few days ago they came along and took the intier interior and all his ice pc install

Apparantly it was profesional job done to order as all the other bits of the car like wheels spiolers, bumpers etc that are easy to remove and worth a lot were untouched.

The first break in was to test the alarm and when they came back they used two chisels in the top corners of the windscreen to simaltaniously punch through the screen and cut the wires to the motion sensors.

Cost to replace the interior alone is 4.5k, they damaged the main loom and some other bits so the overal cost is 7.5k which writes her off :(

He is looking to buy it back as the car is A1 mechanically and body wise, seriously she is so clean

He and I are gutted :(

Some ***** chav will be rucking about in a crap 316 or 318 with a nice dove vader inerior thinking they are the bomb now. Hope they die!!

grr :mad:

Soldato
Jesus christ, that's awful :(

What alarm was it? Because it sounds sucky. The alarm (if anything decent) should have detected the wires being cut and set it off.

Where was the car parked while all this was going on?

Soldato
I'd never have high value ICE in my car, it's practically waving a flag come get me.

Shame. UK is full to the brim of people more than happy to take what's not theirs, I just dont know what's wrong with people. You dont get this problem abroad anywhere near as bad, or do you? We must be the biggest nation of theives in the world surely. :(

Associate
Tom has no luck at all with this car , Feel for him I really do . Tell him I am absolutely gutted for him as when I last spoke to him he was so happy it was back to new after the last mishap .

I will keep my ears and eyes open if I hear of anything he had in there going for sale around if its kept local . Give me your mobile number in msn so I can give you a bell if I hear anything .

Soldato
Nightmare :(

Slightly off topic but related, whatever happend to the person on here who thought he saw his stolen HU on ebay? I cant remember who it was now.

Associate
moss said:
Nightmare :(

Slightly off topic but related, whatever happend to the person on here who thought he saw his stolen HU on ebay? I cant remember who it was now.

Some guy with a scooby sport? iirc nothing came of it?

Associate
so the alarm didnt have glass break sensors then, not a brilliant system. On a car such as an M3 with that sort of equipment left inside i would have had a better alarm or at least the additional sensors adding to the current (if possible). Granted that a sound doesnt always stop people, but if they were removing that amount of bits im sure someone would have heard it before everything was gone.

Unlucky to him :(

Soldato
OP
R220 said:
so the alarm didnt have glass break sensors then, not a brilliant system. On a car such as an M3 with that sort of equipment left inside i would have had a better alarm or at least the additional sensors adding to the current (if possible). Granted that a sound doesnt always stop people, but if they were removing that amount of bits im sure someone would have heard it before everything was gone.

Unlucky to him :(

don't think any alarm will stop a determined professional

to strip out a car and no one see or do anything amazes me

Soldato
Thats a *****. He hasnt had much luck since you sold him that M3.

Make sure you tell the buyer of your new one about the curse that M cars seem to carry after you have driven them! ;)

Seriously though, that takes the ****, people like this probably take most of the things that they need in life from other people, are worthless to society and should be taken out and shot.

Spooks me though sometimes to think that these people are around us watching and planning this crap.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Sounds like nothing would have stopped them. It must be seriously gutting for something like this to have happened :( Touch wood i havent experienced any issues yet, but thats probably because i never leave anything valuble in the car when its away from my drive which is quite far off the road behind gates.

Was he insured for the contents?

Permabanned
I would have thought cutting through the motion sensors would have set the alarms off. Did he not think that them only nicking the panel was odd?

I'd have emplyed Securicor after the first time. Sorry to hear about the crapness, hopefully things will look up from now on.

Soldato
OP
he is claiming for the headunit he used to have in there as he has a reciept for that (my old alpine foldout touchscreen) so that will cover the lcd touchscreen and other bits, he also claiming for a laptop in the boot, which there was as that it what the carpc was built around

he shouldn't be out of pocket financially but its the effort he put into a car he loves.

Oh and i might put a warning on my ebay auction for my new car "warning all cars bought from me will spin on oil and or get stripped out by ***** scum!"

lol

Soldato
Steve said:
he shouldn't be out of pocket financially but its the effort he put into a car he loves.

Exactly its the fact that he has already put so much time and effort in, especially since that accident, (if memory serves he curbed it on a roundabout?) and then these little ***** just come along and think that they can have anything they like.

Thats one of the things that frustrates me most about our world. If you want nice things, then go out and earn them and enjoy them.

Grow up thinking that you can take whatever you want with no respect for other people or their stuff and you should just end up in an electric chair, so should their parents.

Job done.

Permabanned
merlin said:
I'd never have high value ICE in my car, it's practically waving a flag come get me.

:(

Yeah I wouldn't do it again tbh. I had my ice completely removed once before whilst it was parked at a Garage having work done. Inside job Ive always thought but nothing came of it. Lost out big. Its a horrid gutting feeling when you find out. But life goes on...you are still alive and well and thats what counts. Cliche, but true.

Associate
Nazbit said:
Grow up thinking that you can take whatever you want with no respect for other people or their stuff and you should just end up in an electric chair, so should their parents.

Job done.
i fully agree there! some people don't fluffing well deserve to live! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom