My mother won't let me switch from Tiscali

Permabanned
Hi guys, i've got a problem, unfortunately, im not old enough to move away yet so till then, im under the rule of my mother.

Tiscali has been screwing me over for about a month, a few of my friends and a lot of people on the tiscali forums are having the same problem.

That problem is packet loss.

Normal internet browsing is fine, but gaming is a complete ditch, im getting 9000ms - 90,000ms latency in games like WoW and Counter strike just like my friends and the people on their own forums are.

It was fixed for about a week and now its returned.

What I ask from you, is please, just say in the thread.

"Please Miss, change this kid's internet"

please

this is just a way of showing how desperate I am to get it changed

Soldato
just tell your mum she doesn't know enough and is getting rogered by tiscali. tell her you will take care of the changeover and she won't have to lift a finger.

daven

Permabanned
OP
daven1986 said:
just tell your mum she doesn't know enough and is getting rogered by tiscali. tell her you will take care of the changeover and she won't have to lift a finger.

daven

That's the problem, Tiscali "can only speak to the account holder due to the data protection act"

My mum works monday to friday and gets home at 7pm, tiscali cancellation line is 9-6pm.

See my dilemna?

Soldato
Tiscali are the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the Internet in the UK today, they have an appalling Fair Usage Policy, including port throttling and putting users it deems to be making excessive use of the unlimited connection they were sold on a slower pipe. They also outsource technical support to non uk call centers and have proved unreliable time and again.

So for what it's worth Please Miss, change this kid's Internet!

On the DPA dront that's not 100% right ... they can discuss the account with you and (this is were it may vary depending on company policy) make changes with you but (this part isn't going to change any time soon) they can't canx it with you, your mum can however do this by letter ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Phalanx said:
That's the problem, Tiscali "can only speak to the account holder due to the data protection act"

My mum works monday to friday and gets home at 7pm, tiscali cancellation line is 9-6pm.

See my dilemna?

surely you can do it online? if not then "oh my dazeeeeee" lol

daven

Caporegime
Phalanx said:

please

Please for god sake let him get off Tiscali, i got away in June, the traffic shaping, FUP is a complete joke, you can not game on Tiscali, you can not do anything on Tiscali as you only get Dial-up speeds whatever connection you are on, end this suffering now i beg you. :(

Associate
Phlanx's Mum,

Imagine you go to a cafe and buy a cup of coffee for £10. £10?! Yes - because you can have as many refills as you like, whenever you like. Bargain.

After your third cup, you notice that they've stopped making it as strong for you and that they've moved to powdered milk. Eugh.

So you complain. And they point out that in their terms and conditions (that were hidden from you when you ordered, but are available on request) it says that the coffee was subject to a 'fair usage policy' which says that you can have as MANY refills as you like. Only the more you have, the worst it will taste, the smaller it will get and the colder it will be.

Two cups after this you discover that they're re-using old left over coffee for your coffee. And it just gets worse from there.

Welcome to Tiscali. If you don't want your kid to play games, then tell him. If you do (and there's no harm in it at all) then at least give him a internet connection he can use. It won't cost you any more (unless you've been with Tiscali for less than 12 months, that is).

Permabanned
tisgrandupnorth said:
Phlanx's Mum,

Imagine you go to a cafe and buy a cup of coffee for £10. £10?! Yes - because you can have as many refills as you like, whenever you like. Bargain.

After your third cup, you notice that they've stopped making it as strong for you and that they've moved to powdered milk. Eugh.

So you complain. And they point out that in their terms and conditions (that were hidden from you when you ordered, but are available on request) it says that the coffee was subject to a 'fair usage policy' which says that you can have as MANY refills as you like. Only the more you have, the worst it will taste, the smaller it will get and the colder it will be.

Two cups after this you discover that they're re-using old left over coffee for your coffee. And it just gets worse from there.

Welcome to Tiscali. If you don't want your kid to play games, then tell him. If you do (and there's no harm in it at all) then at least give him a internet connection he can use. It won't cost you any more (unless you've been with Tiscali for less than 12 months, that is).

Excellent analogy I like it :)

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Please for god sake let him get off Tiscali, i got away in June, the traffic shaping, FUP is a complete joke, you can not game on Tiscali, you can not do anything on Tiscali as you only get Dial-up speeds whatever connection you are on, end this suffering now i beg you. :(

and

Tiscali are poop. :D

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

PeteLucky7 said:
Oh great just signed up to Tiscali...

So do I have 12 months of unmitigated crap like this to endure from them?

Cancel it, you have 14 days :p

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Beerbaron said:
im sure its less than that as the service would have already been provisioned and gone live by then??

Look in the Contract carefully, I'm sure its 14 days with ALL ISPs. There was a post here last week about someone wanting to cancel. They found in the contract they have 14 days to cancel. Its the customer user rights.

Associate
zen62619 said:
Cancel it, you have 14 days :p

Yeah but I've actually been paying for it for more than 14 days but it's taken this long for them to pull their fingers out and actually get the thing working.

Should have got the message really. :(

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Acctually sorry, I'm sure its 14 days FROM activation. Check the policy

Back
Top Bottom