My new bike!

Associate
OP
Nearly a month into ownership now - A thoroughly enjoyable bike that looks awesome (to my eyes) and is fast, chuckable, and a joy to tinker with - Right now I honestly wouldn't swap it for any other bike regardless of £££.

No idea where the bad(ish) rep comes from but I'm guessing it must be an outdated mindset as this is one hell of a bit of kit with a build quality which puts other bikes I've been on to shame!

Highly recommended :)

Associate
Nearly a month into ownership now - A thoroughly enjoyable bike that looks awesome (to my eyes) and is fast, chuckable, and a joy to tinker with - Right now I honestly wouldn't swap it for any other bike regardless of £££.

No idea where the bad(ish) rep comes from but I'm guessing it must be an outdated mindset as this is one hell of a bit of kit with a build quality which puts other bikes I've been on to shame!

Highly recommended :)

Somehow Harleys have a massive grin factor. I loved the Dyna Fat Bob I tested.... But I'm drooling over the breakout.

2lgzPhk.jpg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Are we still talking about HD? I don't know the models...

Edit

Or do you mean the make Buell, some of those Buell bikes look nice. But I'm not sold on the looks of them...

Last edited:
Caporegime
The bigger ones maybe, the Sportsters certainly arent...

yeah I was replying to ic3

That thing doesn't corner, all the fun is in the corners... nothing more boring than a straight road. :(

they are meant for the long freeways in America,long distance in relative comfort compared to an upright crouched sportsbike,nice plodder

IC3

IC3

Soldato
So pretty much useless in the UK, on a bike like that you would have to brake hard before some corners on the A roads where I live.

I might get a HD when I hit mid age crisis in my 40's or when I'm over 50 yo, I'll take it easy at that age. So in till then, I want bikes which are fun on the twisty roads/track. You can't even filter on a HD through the traffic...

Associate
OP
So pretty much useless in the UK, on a bike like that you would have to brake hard before some corners on the A roads where I live.

I might get a HD when I hit mid age crisis in my 40's or when I'm over 50 yo, I'll take it easy at that age. So in till then, I want bikes which are fun on the twisty roads/track. You can't even filter on a HD through the traffic...
You might not be able to :D

I'm very fond of filtering and I'm every bit as comfortable doing in on my Sporty as I am on the ER-6n I spent a lot of time on...

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You might not be able to :D
"Able to" what?

I'm very fond of filtering and I'm every bit as comfortable doing in on my Sporty as I am on the ER-6n I spent a lot of time on...
I saw a bloke on HD on a roundabout, I was right behind him. His bike was nearly scraping whilst I barley had any lean as he was going just above 15-20mph. I usually take that roundabout at 30-40mph depending on the traffic. Same when I see a guy on HD, they always put both feet down just before they stop.

I'm not hating on HD's, just pointing out some cons. I guess for just cruising around straight roads, this bike is comfortable even though I would still prefer a tourer over a HD for going longer distances. I'm not trying to hate, just saying they aren't for me. I've all the fun in the corners and quickly nipping through the busy traffic whilst cruisers are waiting just like cars do... although I'm aware that there are probably some more skilled riders who do filter on HD's I just havent had the chance to see any of them. Last time I saw a guy on MT07 in matching yamaha leathers waiting in traffic whilst I was filtering through, so you can't put all HD riders in the same jar. BTW bike like the MT07 was made for town and filtering ffs! :p

Edit:

2O3hdCAl.jpg
Nothing happened to him, he didn't even fellow off. He stood up straight after coming off the bike, I wouldn't want to slide into those rocks without gear on... ouch.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
An ER6N is a world apart from a HD.
In a lot of ways absolutely, I'm just saying I don't find filtering any harder on the Sporty...

I think we best put this thread to bed, I posted a pic of my new bike without knowing it would have to be defended quite so much! For some reason people see the brand and think that a Sportster is exactly the same as the big Softails or Touring models (just look at the size of that thing that IC3 posted above as his reference H-D!). Its like saying you don't like 3 Series BMWs because they also make the X5.

Honestly folks, each unto their own, but if a lot of you could just see past the fact that H-D also make big tourers, then you might just enjoy throwing a Sportster or a Street 500/750 around!

B_Id_438460.jpg

Great fun, I've just always preferred the Sportys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom