My new car, again... again

Associate
Funnily enough, one of the conditions of buying it was that I could park it easily in our underground space, and could park in the Canary Wharf parking. The dealer brought the car down to test both before buying, and it passed the test... though I does stick out of the bays a little bit!

Manoeuvring is surprisingly okay given the dimensions, there's very good steering lock, plus the parking sensors are accurate and the 360 cameras also useful.

GjJ1fMS.jpeg
That is a stunning car and amazing parking :) I can't park to save my life, but I class my parking abilities as a disability so people can't make fun of them lol

mjt

mjt

Soldato
@PMKeates Did you not trust JayEmm alone in the beast? :p

I preferred the orange side reflectors :o
Absolutely mega though; hope you're still enjoying it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Whilst I don't comment much in motors forum I do browse for interesting threads and this is one of those. The Morrisons photo is simply brilliant :cry:

Whilst not everyones cup of tea I'm sure, this is an epic purchase and one to be proud of. certainly a bucket list tick :)

Whilst I'm sure you're enjoying this car, a question I have is. What car purchase could replace this?
Would you go the other end of the spectrum and have something completely old school and a rare collectable?

Caporegime
Hi all

Yes it’s mine :) Was great fun to film, and am enjoying reading the comments. James also a nice guy and would recommend anyone with something he hasn’t filmed to reach out and offer it.

For anyone who is wondering what the hell we’re talking about:

He looks tiny standing next to it. :D:D

Soldato
OP
Whilst I don't comment much in motors forum I do browse for interesting threads and this is one of those. The Morrisons photo is simply brilliant :cry:

Whilst not everyones cup of tea I'm sure, this is an epic purchase and one to be proud of. certainly a bucket list tick :)

Whilst I'm sure you're enjoying this car, a question I have is. What car purchase could replace this?
Would you go the other end of the spectrum and have something completely old school and a rare collectable?
Well, in terms of replacing there is nothing else other than another Phantom - potentially a Phantom VIII. No other car is at the same level as the Phantom. For the moment I want just one car, and so it needs to be relatively modern in order to make sure it's reliable. In future I can imagine an expanding collection that will definitely include a few classics :)

Soldato
OP
We were delighted to be able to support Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee by showing our Phantom VII on the Long Walk at Windsor Castle in a display of 70 years of British motoring, as part of the Party in the Park. Thousands attended, and I decided to be brave and let people sit in the car and pose for photos etc. - it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say several hundred people took advantage of it, and for most of the day there was a long queue!

Here's a photo of the car moved in to position in the morning, which was a bit drizzly, but the weather brightened up around lunchtime and it was extremely busy in the afternoon - as can be seen from the photo on horseback!

cSaw7bm.jpeg

y6HqWaF.jpeg

Soldato
We were delighted to be able to support Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee by showing our Phantom VII on the Long Walk at Windsor Castle in a display of 70 years of British motoring, as part of the Party in the Park. Thousands attended, and I decided to be brave and let people sit in the car and pose for photos etc. - it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say several hundred people took advantage of it, and for most of the day there was a long queue!

Here's a photo of the car moved in to position in the morning, which was a bit drizzly, but the weather brightened up around lunchtime and it was extremely busy in the afternoon - as can be seen from the photo on horseback!
Well done for getting into the full spirit there. I would have had a nervous breakdown allowing people to poke around my jalopy. I bet those that did, loved it. Cars are to be enjoyed and if you can share that enjoyment around, all the better.

Soldato
OP
It was good fun. Most people were very respectful, asking if they could have a sit etc. Met lots of interesting people... a Queen's Guard, the Queen's painting restorer, people working for Rolls-Royce, some lovely folks from Yorkshire - all sorts. There were a few wellies-on-the-seats moments with the younger kids, but in the end there was no damage to the car and just a few sticky fingerprints that will wash off, so all good :)

Soldato
1) Congrats on your continuing success.
2) Beautiful machine.

I couldn't imagine owning one over here with all the inattentive drivers. I regularly watch people crash, go into telegraph poles etc.

Back
Top Bottom