My new car, again... again

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Wow Sam, what a car, that is hilarious. I bet that thing is absolutely beautiful to use, I love huge cars, the size wouldn’t put me off at all. Amazing :D

Nothing else to add, hilariously awesome stuff.

Soldato
This is amazing, why the long wheel base if you are upfront driving? When you say “we” is this you and one other person, or are there more than 2 of you?

If you want an excuse to drive it I’ve got a few events coming up in London where myself some ladies could do with getting dropped off in extra style rather than in an Uber Exec ;)

Caporegime
Funnily enough, one of the conditions of buying it was that I could park it easily in our underground space, and could park in the Canary Wharf parking. The dealer brought the car down to test both before buying, and it passed the test... though I does stick out of the bays a little bit!

Manoeuvring is surprisingly okay given the dimensions, there's very good steering lock, plus the parking sensors are accurate and the 360 cameras also useful.

GjJ1fMS.jpeg
Waitrose. Bit of class there!

Soldato
OP
Wow Sam, what a car, that is hilarious. I bet that thing is absolutely beautiful to use, I love huge cars, the size wouldn’t put me off at all. Amazing :D

Nothing else to add, hilariously awesome stuff.
Hah thanks Jez! I did think it would be right up your street :p It's hilarious how it makes a 'big' car like a 7 or an S-Class seem small.. it's about a metre longer than both in regular form, which is about the difference between one of those and a Fiesta :D
This is amazing, why the long wheel base if you are upfront driving? When you say “we” is this you and one other person, or are there more than 2 of you?

If you want an excuse to drive it I’ve got a few events coming up in London where myself some ladies could do with getting dropped off in extra style rather than in an Uber Exec ;)
Hah, drop me a line with when and where and I'll see what I can do ;)

It's just for me and the BF. To be honest we weren't looking for an extended wheel base in particular, it just came up and we loved it... so bought it! It's "only" 25cm longer than a regular car, but makes for a nice back seat experience for whoever we may be with.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Not the kind of car you drive in your jeans, hoody and dirty trainers :p Given your senior exec position at work (Are you still at/associated with Parkers?) I guess you also wear the uniform for the job, because I'd have to dress for the occasion behind the wheel of that, hat and all :D

Caporegime
Beautiful car, congratulations! - I also recall you having an e46 back in the day, a nice upgrade:D :cool:

In terms of a driver, no I don't, though getting someone for nights out has crossed my mind, as I'd much rather be driven to a bar or dinner in our Phantom than an Uber :p

Be careful of driving agencies, I accidentally fell into a little bit of chauffeur work a few years back, I given an assignment in which I was told to put on a suit, look smart and go to an address in Wilmslow, got there to be presented with the keys to an Alpina B12 e38 (which cemented my love of e38’s to this day) and drive a large PLC CEO to the Belfry Golf centre for an evening,the agency never even mentioned I’d be driving a car, I thought it was a posh truck job! :D

One job I did a few times involved a 7th generation Phantom , an 04/05 year I think, drove it on three occasions and will never forget it, I found it big - but still wonderful - to drive even though I had then not long passed my Class 1 hgv license, with hindsight I wish I’d diversified into it as the tips were amazing, especially when the Phantoms owner realised I was just a truck driver trying to earn a few extra quid on the side to support my then young daughter…

Alas, 20 odd years on, I’m still trucking and running around in old cars.

Enjoy. :cool:

Soldato
OP
Not the kind of car you drive in your jeans, hoody and dirty trainers :p Given your senior exec position at work (Are you still at/associated with Parkers?) I guess you also wear the uniform for the job, because I'd have to dress for the occasion behind the wheel of that, hat and all :D
Hah, you say that but if you look closely you can see my jeans and vans in the reflection of the paint! We went to a Christmas event at the dealership and met a lot of other owners and customers, and while there were a few well-to-dos, most people were really quite normal and down to earth :)
That's a really special car, well done. I can imagine that even the most boring drives must feel like an event behind the wheel of that.
Indeed it does. The Ghost also had the effect of making every drive feel special, but the Phantom is that taken to another level. It attracts quite a lot of attention, you notice a lot of people looking over to see who you are, and quite a few taking photos and videos, you get comments when parking and at petrol stations etc. It's all pleasant though.
Just wanted to check, does it have DSC?
It does indeed, it was another condition of purchase ;)

3On7B7A.jpeg

And talking of the manual, check out the girth on this: https://i.imgur.com/L0f1Pwb.gif
Beautiful car, congratulations! - I also recall you having an e46 back in the day, a nice upgrade:D :cool:

Be careful of driving agencies, I accidentally fell into a little bit of chauffeur work a few years back, I given an assignment in which I was told to put on a suit, look smart and go to an address in Wilmslow, got there to be presented with the keys to an Alpina B12 e38 (which cemented my love of e38’s to this day) and drive a large PLC CEO to the Belfry Golf centre for an evening,the agency never even mentioned I’d be driving a car, I thought it was a posh truck job! :D

One job I did a few times involved a 7th generation Phantom , an 04/05 year I think, drove it on three occasions and will never forget it, I found it big - but still wonderful - to drive even though I had then not long passed my Class 1 hgv license, with hindsight I wish I’d diversified into it as the tips were amazing, especially when the Phantoms owner realised I was just a truck driver trying to earn a few extra quid on the side to support my then young daughter…

Alas, 20 odd years on, I’m still trucking and running around in old cars.

Enjoy. :cool:
Thanks, and yes I wouldn't use an agency, or at least I'd want to know specifically who the driver is and have some personal recommendations before choosing them. You could easily mash it if you were careless in the West End etc.
I love this recollection of an E46 when its actually in his signature :cry:
And there forever it will remain!
And to think the OP was wheel spinning a xsara at 120mph on some mud back in 2005ish iirc.

Top work @PMKeates never doubted you for a second :cry:.
The Phantom just has a regular open differential and I think you can turn the DSC off, so I imagine we can go off the clock with the big V12 ;)

Don
You should take it to one of Gibbo's track days. That would be a right laugh seeing that go around Donington.
Congrats. It's one hall of a car and I can't think of anything else I'd rather have as a daily driver if I had the means.

OcUK Staff
You should take it to one of Gibbo's track days. That would be a right laugh seeing that go around Donington.
Congrats. It's one hall of a car and I can't think of anything else I'd rather have as a daily driver if I had the means.

It would certainly be a different sight for sure, suspect after a track day he would be needing new disc and pads all round in a car that heavy, but at least 4 people could go round in comfort. :D

Back
Top Bottom