My new F30 320d Sport

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
The shut line of the bonnet down to the nose looks downright odd. not a fan of the new 3, but I'm sure it'll grow on me in time and with LCI or whatever idiotic thing BM call their facelift :p

Also still hate the downward lines on modern cars from the rear to the front. All due to pedestrian regs I'm sure, but still think it looks silly, and cars that are 'straight' and 'flat' look much better.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Endless sky - you'll be very happy with it I'm sure.

Bizarrely the red lines don't offend me, though I spend most of my time looking out the window! I very nearly spec'd the piano black instead of the red line, but thought if its in the seat stitching and wheel stitching I may as well keep it.

I think I'd prefer the silver trim option versus piano black - shows up marks etc. as for the wheels, these were a compromise. I wanted 19s like my previous car, but they were £1000 on their own. These look bigger than standard spec, and we're nearer £450. But overall she's a beaut!

As for the front shut lines I agree, not optimal, tho the front does look more aggressive than the old models which I like. The wider/shorter rear lights give the car a wider stance too I think.

Disco boy - your input is invaluable. Not.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why got out of your way to explicitly put down somebody's new car? :confused:

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't have an objective opinion, but outwardly just putting it down without any other input....?

Quite like the new F30s, the shape is growing on me.

Associate
I've never been a fan of the standard 3 series and it seems its business as usual with this one again for me. I hate to think how much this cost as it just makes me think 'wow, bland'. Maybe its partly the colour...

Just my opinion, enjoy the car.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Why got out of your way to explicitly put down somebody's new car? :confused:

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't have an objective opinion, but outwardly just putting it down without any other input....?

Seems its the motors way (or at least some posters), but it's ok I expected it and can cry myself to sleep with it on my drive :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope too costly an upgrade tbh, as with Xenons. Budgeted myself £1000 for upgrades, I'd have gone for 19s over nav tbh, I mostly know where I'm headed and plenty of options on my phone when I get lost.

Does the upgraded Nav not incorporate other upgrades as well though? I was under the impression with the old models it pretty much upgraded the entire entertainment system too, is that not the case with the F30?

Soldato
Does the upgraded Nav not incorporate other upgrades as well though? I was under the impression with the old models it pretty much upgraded the entire entertainment system too, is that not the case with the F30?
The Pro Nav is £2k and for that you get a wider screen, the Nav software, BMW assist and an upgraded iDrive dial.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Don't think whte suits it at all, but sod spending a grand on metallic paint for a company car!

Enjoy it :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21646532 said:
F30 is a much more premium looking car than the E90.

You've got to be joking right, both exterior and interior are much worse. Hopefully they will facelift this and put something on the front that isn't ugly.

Back
Top Bottom